By thatsucks - 17/05/2009 17:42 - United States

Today, I realized that my father's weekly unemployment check is more than my bi-weekly pay check. My full time job pays less than my father's unemployment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 061
You deserved it 5 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My sister makes more with unemployment than I make with an actual job....it's just stupid.

Sounds like somebody doesn't understand how unemployment works.

Comments

rwarlol 0

this is not fml. it depends how much your dad use to make. just mean your daddy made good money when he worked.

i like how the comment section has evolved into a bunch of republicans circle-jerking to make themselves feel better. anyway, props to graintrain, he knows where it's at.

so what? who do you think is paying the bills? who do you think needs the money more? i'm pretty sure it's not you. i think it would be funnier if he made more than your mom though.

weefoo 0

#57, stop blaming the democrats. it's an economic cycle, and without it, the economy would actually be significantly worse off. it has to go up, it has to go down. that being said, welfare, unemployment, and generally giving people money when they aren't working is retarded. THEY AREN'T WORKING. they are giving NOTHING to society. so yes, this IS and FML, and it doesnt matter who is paying the bill (#67), because the OP is evidently the one working. thats like saying "oh, you have a lot of bills, i'll just give you money, and oh hey you, you don't, so you can work your ass of for pocket change." no. pay is designed to reflect how hard you work, not how much you need.

well then everyone needs to stop blaiming bush. im just stating the truth. i agree with you that its a cycle, but everyone needs to stop pointing fingers, and actually do something about it.

This isn't "FML, my dad makes more than me by sitting on his ass". It's "FML unemployment pay is shit, and I make even less, therefore I make half-shit." And it is NOT easy to find a job right now, and unlike some people seem to think, in order for someone to be unemployed, they have to be not only out of a job, but also actively seeking employment. Not everyone is sitting on their asses just waiting for a check.

# 49, STFU. I'm sure his dad earned more than his share of the unemployment paying taxes all his life.

I forget how many politically ignorant fools there actually are in the country until I get online. You are so afraid of progress, your fear will bring us all to the ground.

#68 - "pay is designed to reflect how hard you work, not how much you need." Is that why professional athletes and singers, CEOs and corporate ***** earn more than they can think to do with, while it is nearly impossible for a teacher to support a family on their pay?

The amount a person gets paid is proportional to how unique their traits are, how much effort would be required to replace them, and how high of a demand there is for the job they perform.