By Daughter of the year - 11/03/2015 00:19 - Brazil - Rio De Janeiro

Today, while discussing my grades with my mother, she told me that when she was my age she was dumb but hardworking, and my dad was lazy but very smart. She then added, "You managed to get the worst out of each of us." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 803
You deserved it 3 741

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't you just love supportive mothers?

Well if those were her back to words of encouragement then her own self-description appears entirely accurate. God love her she's trying hard to be supportive and meant well.

Comments

Don't you just love supportive mothers?

It's kind of tricky actually. You don't really want the mother to coddle OP and encourage failure. Hopefully the OP uses this as fuel to show that they have the smart and hardworking traits as well.

ExtremeEncounter 32

Was she basing it entirely off of your grades? Just because they're low doesn't mean she has the right to call you dumb and lazy.

groovycrazyjoe 18

He'll chip off the old block lol

Prove her wrong. Then she wouldn't have anything bad to say.

Sorry to hear that OP but at least you know you aren't adopted.

IAmzephyr 22

^ Soo you're to dumb to write "you're" correctly or too lazy to correct it?

Too bad I did it right on "lazy" but not on "dumb" and I even corrected the comment once... Guess I failed this one.

Non identical twins. We got opposite traits. Good spelling by the way, so smart. I'm glad to see you commented, and put such effort in to your comment.

Well if those were her back to words of encouragement then her own self-description appears entirely accurate. God love her she's trying hard to be supportive and meant well.

Actually, I think you mean Ya done ****** up crossing over. OP's parents genes switched around to create a mutant of dumb and lazy. Woohoo, mutants!

BBlah 26

Use it as motivation to prove her wrong OP! Keep trying :)

Lucky for you both work ethic and knowledge can be learned. Unlike being smart, intelligence is something you're born with, but you can still be of below average intelligence and work hard to make up for it.