By xetsa - 13/02/2010 05:23 - France

Today, I realized for the last year that my husband has been home from Iraq, I haven't gotten more than a few hours of sleep at night. Not because he gets nightmares, but because he now snores so loud that the pets sleep at the other end of the house to get rest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 719
You deserved it 3 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a bummer for you. It's not like he could have been killed in Iraq or anything.

Comments

You sound to be very insensitive. Why don't you go talk to some military wives whose husbands DIDN'T come home from Iraq, then see if you're still crying about his snoring. You are lucky to have him home, have some flippin respect, you have no idea what he's gone through over there.

I have some problems here 1) hive him a freaking break as you said he came home from Iraq and I'm a guessing he was a soldier...... 2) do you think he even got 3 hours if sleep????? when he tried to go to sleep there were bombs going of friends screamming from the wounded tent, does that help you sleep? seriously he has saved friends and family..... I think you are a inconsideret person who thinks the world revolves around them..... JERK Y.D.I

Love the viewpoint that because he was in Iraq that she has no right to complain about any of the bothersome things he may do, all because he could have died. Reality check people, just because he was in the war doesn't make him perfect. They are still in a marriage. She has every right in the world to demand that he do something about the snoring, especially if it is that loud that even the pets are leaving the room! His possible health issues are going to cause some for her eventually, if not problems in the marriage if he doesn't get help for them. OP - just try talking to him, if you haven't already. If he cares at all he wouldn't mind going to the doctor about it or using nasal strips. If he won't even though it is doing that to you, might be time to have another talk as well.

CheshireHalli 19

Thank you. Soldiers are not perfect. I treat them with respect, I thank any of them that I see. But, a woman (or a man) married to a soldier doesn't have to bite their tongue because they were a soldier. The spouse's feelings still count in this! OP: I'm sorry. I know you're grateful your husband is alive. Maybe take him to get a sleep apnea test, and a CPAP isn't that loud.

Anyone that comes back from a war expecting someone to tolerate all their BS is not a hero at all. I would not respect any soldier like that. Look dude, I'm sorry you signed up for the war, that's not a get out of jail free card. I love soldiers, respect them, but if they don't respect me - sorry, I take mine back. And you still have every right to complain about them. They are still human.

bluedoll 1

I agree--she has a right to complain but she didn't say, "And he refuses to seek medical treatment." We don't know if she has asked him to do anything about the snoring. If she hasn't, she is just a whiny twit. If she HAS, and he refuses, then there are deeper problems. Her life isn't ******--there are solutions that she hasn't tried.

Bluedoll - That is true, which is why I also added to the OP to talk to her husband if she hasn't already. It's one of those things that I'd be hesitant to call her a twit, as it's very possible she is not wanting to for the same reasons the asshats here are giving for the complaint being invalid (which, while misguided, would likely be meant well), or she may have and nothing was done - which case the one at fault is iffy. Also possible she ran out of words, looking at the length of it. Kinda wish she'd post again and let us know the rest of the story, if she hasn't already.

Be thankful he came home safely from Iraq. Be thankful he doesn't have nightmares. There are a lot of people who lost their husbands/wives in this war who would give ANYTHING to be able to just lay next to them one more time. Even if it's to listen to him/her snore. Count your blessings.

x805xUnknown 6

"He now snores..." Did he start snoring even louder all of the sudden?

2 things: 1) you selfish little bitch. so many of us just want out soldiers home... the rest of the problems can be fixed over time. be grateful and stop complaining. if the snoring bothers you, DO SOMETHING about it. there are plenty of solutions 2) there are the strips, the clips, the cpap machine, etc.... there is also something called a TAPS appliance that not many people know about. look into it

You self bitch. So what if he snores loudly and you can't get enough sleep. Next time he's over in iraq, he might die. So don't complain about little things, be greatfull he's alive.

I say just be glad hes home and get some ear plugs

Getting married to a soldier does have its risks. You could always try getting professional advice for the snoring issue though.