By xetsa - 13/02/2010 05:23 - France

Today, I realized for the last year that my husband has been home from Iraq, I haven't gotten more than a few hours of sleep at night. Not because he gets nightmares, but because he now snores so loud that the pets sleep at the other end of the house to get rest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 719
You deserved it 3 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a bummer for you. It's not like he could have been killed in Iraq or anything.

Comments

voice_of_reasonx 0

you should be grateful he CAME back from Iraq. I know countless widows who would give anything to have your "problem"

Okay, well first of all, people shouldn't actually be saying that their husbands or whoever had been posted to Iraq, because it's confidentiality, and only stupid people would give it away. Second of all: People, give her a break, she's not complaining like it's the end of the world. We all complain about snorers, so don't get all worked up over it, jesus. My dad snores like hell and it's hard to get any shut-eye at all, but we all deal anyway, and do you know how hard it is to convince half of the people that snore to actually go see a doctor?

There is nothing wrong with saying that someone was deployed, is deployed, or is getting deployed. It becomes unacceptable when you post specific locations, operations, missions, personnel numbers, or anything of that sensitive nature. It's pretty pretentious to call someone stupid when you don't know what you're talking about yourself.

Besides what Recon said, I'd also want to point out the fact that even if random people here say their spouse was deployed - what is knowing SexyBabyGirl204845's husband was deployed going to hurt? I mean, seriously. I doubt that's going to help terrorists or what-have-you in any way.

I do know what I'm talking about, considering my brother in law is actually in the airforce. So don't give me that shit. Second of all, yes you can say they've been deployed, but you are NOT to say where. Even the country. So save your crap for someone else.

STFU if he was in iraq and you weren't im pretty sure he has better things to think about than how loud he snores. get over it bitch.

I agree with #96. Shut up, you should just be happy he's home. After my husband's first deployment he started flinging around in his sleep and would often whack me in the face. Once he hit me so hard I thought he had broken my nose, but I never complained about it. He's gone right now and I would give anything to wake up to his hand in my face.

I think you're being a bit over the top here. Don't tell her to shut up. She's just voicing her opinion, it's not like she's saying she wants to kill him for it. Of course she's happy he's home, give her a break. My brother in law had a spaz, because of post trauma. And it was difficult, yeah, you don't see me complaining about it, but that's completely different to snoring anyway. She's not having a bitch, she was just stating what has happened.

My point is that she should just be grateful that he's home safe and sound. And, just so you know, you sound like a complete idiot comparing your experiences with your brother-in-law to those of us with spouses in the Military...Unless, of course, you live with your BIL and have a close, intimate relationship with him, you have no idea what it's like. So yeah, you can shut up too.

ZombieKitteh 8

lady this isn't herpes, you're talking about snoring. Look around the net, it can be stopped.

mrs_franklin 0

Dude ur effin stupid at least he's home safely u shouldn't be bitching he could gave died then u would be happy 2 hear his snoring>:/

simsimma88 0

I think he deserves to snore. I doubt he got that much painful sleep in Iraq so why not let him sleep his ass off

There's no reason to be a story topper and say your husband having ptsd is worse so she should shut up. Its her life. And snoring can be caused by stress, drinking, etc, so you don't know if that's something that concerns her.

he should really make a doc appt...thank him for serving his country and thank you for your sacrifices as the spouse as well

sugarbear0727 19

My boyfriend was if Afghanistan for a year, before I met him, but I've noticed that he doesn't sleep very well. It takes him hours to fall asleep, and most of the time he wakes up in the middle of the night and watches TV or plays a game because he can't go back to sleep. Be thankful he's only snoring. Get nasal strips, or go see a doctor.