By DLS - 18/02/2010 18:05 - United States

Today, I realised I know the map on World of Warcraft better than the map of my own country. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 253
You deserved it 44 786

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless you live in Monaco or The Vatican that's to be expected.

actually WoWs map is quite detailed... there is a lot going on... however I also know WoWs map better than our country's... simply because I never look at an atlas but I see WoW everyday... and yes I have a life... I simply enjoy gaming

Comments

jackhammer786 0

In fairness, I don't know every detail of my country's map. Who does anyway? I've never played WoW before, though. Snickerdoodles--No offense, but whenever I come to this site, I see that you have commented on every single FML. I already know that a lot of your comments can be obnoxious and I think it's kind of hypocritical to tell someone who plays WoW to get a life, when you are clearly on here all the time.

StarCraft is way better anyway, just switch to that. Or go learn to play a sport

Depends on the detail to which the OP means it. Knowing where every town in any MMO is and what things are like around it is a lot more reasonable than knowing where every town in the majority of countries is. The US probably has well over 1000 settlements in it, and thousands upon thousands of square miles on which wild animals can run. If an MMO had 100 places with inhabited buildings, even a lone cottage, it's well up there on the list of excessively large MMOs, and in terms of wilderness area, using the size of one's avatar as scale, each area for most MMOs is less than 1 square mile. Dropping the MMO thing, consider Farcry 2. The entire game is a 50 square kilometer box superimposed on a segment of the African countryside. Consider how much there is to do in that game - a lot, sure, but it's reasonable to expect a person to thoroughly understand the whole area after 200 hours of gameplay. Admittedly, real life has a lot less density in its activities most of the time (the downside of not living in a warzone), but if you say it takes (how long it took you to completely finish Farcry 2) to fully understand 50 square kilometers, multiply that time by the number of 50 square km boxes you can fit into your country of choice to get the amount of necessary time spent actively exploring to develop an equal understanding of your country. Course, if the OP means "I looked at a map of my country and didn't recognize it, while looking at a map from WoW, I can recognize it easily," my argument is invalid and the OP is total shut-in.

This makes me sad, that a person who has no life is berating a person with no life. Actually millions of us WoW players are upstanding people in the community that use it as a way to keep in contact with real life friends. And the school system in the states is so crappy that I'm not surprised that he/she knows the world of Azeroth better than that of the States, 55% of kids in California don't even know which country borders them to the south, and most of those kids probably came from there. But I digress... Being an retarded college student with no life (MW2) is no different than being a WoW nerd.

SaltyCheeseFry 4

http://www.ihatenikki.com/?mylink=25d3772a836664e9

Haha I've never played wow, and I don't know neone that does, but you seriously need to find a life dude, go outside!

kira822_fml 0

So? I sleep everyday in geography. I have an A average.

1733817338 0

i have a friend who plays this and other war games as well. he isnt a loser and he for sure has a life outside of it

Haislipa 0

Dude for all you non nerds out there, it is possible to play wow AND have a life... I play WoW, I'm also a junior in HS, have a job, a girlfriend, play sports and gets good grades. You just have to want a life. It's not that hard. You just need to manage your WoW time. :)

chandlerjoe64 0
1733817338 0

yes. we all say get a life but look at ourselves!! conatantly on this site reading and commenting! not that different from this guy plus a like a guy who is constantly playing WoW and he has a life for sure. its just a game.. not a big deal