By prisonbitch - 18/02/2010 17:41 - United States

Today, after five different interviews, I got an offer for a great job. I was excited to fill out paperwork and get the ball rolling, until they called and said that I didn't pass the criminal background check. I get off probation in less than a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 233
You deserved it 38 653

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jeez. I do think that criminals should be punished, but half the people here are flying off their rockers for some crime they don't even know the full details of. Maybe OP's changed. He's obviously served (or almost at least) his sentence and hopefully learned his lesson. Ever hear of forgiveness?

Were you really a prison bitch as your name suggests? Because if you served time, it might not matter that you'll be off probation. Whatever your crime, did you not think about the consequences of your actions beforehand? Why are you surprised this is happening? To everyone who is talking about forgiveness -- why should a company take a gamble that this is the one criminal in a thousand who saw the error of his/her ways and turned over a new leaf? Would you trust a stranger with a record to house-sit?

Comments

delaney16 0
Olympian94 0

Snicks...just go kill yourself.

idk_what_2_put 0

not the imployers fault u went 2 the slammer

ISellHerbs 0

You can get on probation for the smallest shit. For all you all know it could have been a senior prank that he got arrested for or something juvenile.

amerrah 4

Even if you were of probation, it still shows up.

myman47 0

snickerdoodles honestly what is your deal it's fml it's funny just read the damn things and laugh

good lord people Im sick of everyone hating on snickers wastes space, she is a regular, she has a reputation, people look for her, FML commentors have our own society. Deal with it, stop whining. If you get accepted after whining constantly have a ball, 'till then stoofoo

Lincoln, no-one likes you either, don't worry...

i love snickerdoodles! and i will fight anyone who dissagrees with me!!

Purpose30 0

snickerdoddles... now that's a man I respect!!! ;/ lol

@underfailer, English please. I usually hate ppl who correct grammar on FML, but I tried really hard to understand your post... I can't decipher it

the correct name is snickershit n who in thier right mind wants to c tht sht comment

Malinkrot 3

you do realize that people "defending" her takes up your precious space too... I just laugh at all the people who think that spending a lot of time on FML = intelligence.

jazzyjas130 0

then why read it? if you dont care?

ydi for getting in prison in the first place

Lone_Wolf_099 5

then why did you post you stupid twat? I got fired from my job because of my criminal background check lost 12.50 an hour for a crime I didnt do, my friend died and me and his mom had a big argument, she called the cops saying I walked in her house and beat her, she won.

watagatapitusberry (WHAT?!) WATAGATAPITUSBERRY (EL QUE!?)

turkishjew 0

someone is a borderline stalker

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
jazziloveberryy 3

I agree.. you can be on probation for petty shit for 5 years. maybe OP was a bad teenager and has now matured. nobody's perfect. and nobody has the right to judge OP either.

Were you really a prison bitch as your name suggests? Because if you served time, it might not matter that you'll be off probation. Whatever your crime, did you not think about the consequences of your actions beforehand? Why are you surprised this is happening? To everyone who is talking about forgiveness -- why should a company take a gamble that this is the one criminal in a thousand who saw the error of his/her ways and turned over a new leaf? Would you trust a stranger with a record to house-sit?

I agree this person deserves this, if you hadn't been such a ******* loser in the first place this wouldn't have happened to you. Consider this part of your continual punishment, maybe next time you'll follow the simply laws society has put in place, the rest of us can, stop being a ******* moron, stop leading a loser life.

babybubz, is that ur boobs? or ur tummy? I can't tell. and ur name kinda refers to babies so. . . . what is that?

Reyo 2

I know that "everyone makes mistakes" but it's still no excuse for ******* up. Saying "I'm sorry, I screwed up, I made a mistake" doesn't make what he did go away.

I never said it did but it shouldn't define the rest of his life.

passinby 3

21 - Try remembering your own apostrophes in "you're" before you post comments like that. Any grammar or spelling mistakes on your part really undermine your argument, Mr. Grammar Nazi.

Who gives a shit about grammer its a ****** form about shittiy things that happon to people and the worlds not going explode if we miss a comma.

So you'd rather he not try to improve his lot in life? I hope the OP goes back to crime, carjacks you and shoots you dead in the process. You suck at life.

I think the OP has bigger problems to worry than his grammer and how do you know he did any of that. How do you know he dident get drunk with his friends and do something really stupid. You suck at life.

IDKWhatHappened 0

in what way is not being excepted for a job going to improve his life? I guess in your mind he suddenly turns good because he gets rejected from a good job, huh?

I promise you that put under enough scrutiny any one of us would be found to have broken at least half a dozen laws in our lifetime. so many laws are ridiculous. OP probably smoked a joint and got busted and put on probation or something. Most dudes on probation didn't do anything too bad, hence reason they got probation versus jail/prison time.

Malinkrot 3

Not everyone who is on probation is a reckless criminal. I know a guy who got a felony charge and was on probation for 2 years because his friend put a Xanax in a pack of cigarettes, and he grabbed the pack because he thought it was his, and he got searched by the cops and they found the pill. I know another guy who got searched because his girlfriend was getting arrested and he was trying to figure out what was going on, and the cops found a SPECK of weed in his pocket (the police report literally says 0.01 grams) and got a felony charge and probation because the drug laws here in Florida are really strict. And cops don't always have good reasons for searching people. When I was 16, I got pulled over for having a license plate light out at night. The cop then said he had to search me because my car "smelled like marijuana." This was before I had EVER smoked weed, and my car sure has hell did not smell like it.

im on probation for shit i didnt do so dont say its his fault. our justice system has many flaws. nobody is perfect

67, you made a grammar mistake correcting the grammar mistake of a guy who made a grammar mistake...

The world would be so much safer if those damn criminals stopped commuting to their crimes. But seriously. No one should judge OP. We don't know what they are on probation for. It could be a very minor charge. A simple mistake they made when they were much younger.

He's paid his debt to society. He shouldn't have a mark on him for the rest of his life that says he's only qualified for burger work.

Lol, you should look up the definition of commuting a crime. Hint: It means to defer a crime, i.e. probation.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

agree ydi for being a **** up in the first place

It's not fair but that's life OP. Your crime could have been so minor for all we know but that doesn't change your situation. Making a living is going to be tough for you. All anyone could say is good luck and think twice next time. I watch good people suffer for these same reasons. Be good and be strong.

Crime is crime and you have to pay YDI op

pitbullmom 0

the same shit happened to my husband all the time, unless you raped a kid or something like that I thinks it's a crappy thing

Not really you broke the law why should you get the same ride us decent folk do, you should have a harder ride if you don't like it obey the law.

One day, #7, you'll make a single mistake, and it will end up badly for you. I hope that, when this happens, and you're trying to atone for that, and working hard to overcome it, that someone like you rubs it in your face and calls you a ****-up. Nobody is perfect. And very few have the balls to better themselves after they've been through something like an arrest and conviction. Go OP, I hope you find that job you want.

If you break the law they send you to prison. When you've served your time your sentence should be up too. But in the states and some other countries it's never up. The reason most countries don't have the death penalty is we believe all people can reform.

yeah I ALSO think raping kids is A LITTLE BIT creepy.

Maybe there is some extra tax benefit your employer could get if they hire you while you are still on probation. Call your state dept of labor. Unless you lied on your application.

ZombieBunnies 0

If you do stupid things that follow you then you deserve any and all associated shit for failing at being a good citizen!

so if you steal something worth a fiver because of peer pressure or whatever as a teenager you should never get a decent job because employers are scared of anything that sounds like crime

being a good citizen is highly overrated. I mean Bush use to snort coke and he got to be President.

Malevolent_Bunny 0

Sure, with the marvelous job that bastard did we should all follow that example </sarcasm> I look forward to the day when the investigators break through the bullshit and incarcerate him for life.

xrod_fml 0

should have waitedtill after probation jump off a clif and die and burn in hell snickerdoodles

xhalighx 0

It's when you put babies is aluminum foil and bake them for dinner!

The school you applied to just aren't looking for a 5-time convicted paedophile. Sorry.