By Anonymous - 01/02/2012 15:01 - United States

Spicy
Today, I picked up a prostitute. The prostitute was my sister, and I picked her up from jail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 588
You deserved it 4 841

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try explaining that story over thanksgiving dinner

ninjuh_wingman 29

Comments

How to explain it to your parents is a better question lol

How about not explaining it to them, for now.. It would just make things awkward, imagine OP sitting with parents over dinner, "oh,btw mum, your daughter is a prostitute..yea,and I had to pick her up from jail,no biggie,she should be back to work by tomorrow" the parents would so wish for autocorrect then :) So she should keep it to herself, and try to help her, if push comes to shove, maybe then.

RedPillSucks 31

Unless the sister is underage, I see no reason that OP should have to explain anything to the parents.

Wow that's awful:/ I know times are tough nowadays but really, prostitution? You should maybe try to get her to go to counseling or something

Prostitution is the oldest job in recorded history. It is also pure profit. No taxes, no set up fees, no investment costs; nothing. Sounds like a dream job ;)

uprising_fml 0

except that many prostitutes are forced to be one. which means they are sex slaves, subject to rape and abuse on the clock . sound like a dream job now?

TheDrifter 23

Isn't the best test of ownership whether you can sell it? If a woman owns her body, why shouldn't she be able to sell/rent it to others? Or does she own the rest of her body, but the ****** is government property?

:) you seem very into it, are you a pimp or something? Also,I wonder if there's a school somewhere that teaches it..that would be funny :)

fthislyfe 22

Sex is fun. Why not make a career out of it?

bizarre_ftw 21

A woman should be allowed to sell her body if she truly wants to, and she is, through ****. In **** there are laws that protect women and men from STDs and forced sexual practices, as well it helps the government regulate it. Argue that all you like but we humans do have the right to sell our bodies under law, but in specific ways that limit the damage we can inflict on ourselves, which is similarly why things like suicide watch and anti-drug laws exist.

CaptainPickles72 18

I agree. A woman or even man should have the right to sell sex for money. Actually, the only reason that it's illegal is because the government has a lot of trouble taxing it. Though there are a few legal brothels in America, they're only legal because it is taxed!

RedPillSucks 31

Nothing like forced sexual encounters (rape), beatings, and drug dependency to take the glamour out of prostitution as a great career choice. No little girl has ever said "I want to be a prostitute when I grow up".

Actually prostitutes take customers to court for abuse and things all the time, prostitutes that get beaten and abused by their pimps are a different story sadly.

mama2b3 20

What's with these last couple fmls? lol I start reading and I'm like what!? Anyway fyl op that sucks that you had to do that.

flockz 19

wow. if she needs any advice to stay out of jail next time, let me know.

Hey, hoes gotta eat too! And whatever happened to the good ole days when a man could ride his horse to a saloon for a drink and a lay?

uprising_fml 0
iseyixes 18

Awkward? That's all you'd have to say for yourself if your sister happened to be a prostitute? Dude I would be embarrassed to share the same blood. I would almost like completely avoid her.

What a swell family you have. You must care enough about her to pick her up though.. So help her turn her life around.

It's an honest profession; well In a lot of countries it is. Aslong as she is not forced into it by someone else it's a decent way of making do.

Oh yeah having sex with strangers and possibly catching their STDs....real honest job

I don't understand why it's illegal. It's always going to happen whether they make it legal or not. So isn't it better to make it legal but done in a more sanitary way so that they're not forced to do it in streets or even worse places. I know it might sound crazy, but that's how I see things.

#41, In countries where it is legal it is very well regulated, sure there are some risks, but condoms are mandatory. I am not sure about New Zealand where I live now, and it is legal too but in the Netherlands where I am from originally, the health board does monthly checks on STDs for the professionals. Also they pretty much have thier own union. Plus the risk of getting an STD is pretty much just as high as in the normal dating scene so why not make a bit of money from doing a nice thing. I gather Prostitution would not be your thing, but it still is honest. They sell a service they can provide and there are many who want this service otherwise it would not be such a lively buisness.

Here's my breakdown of me reading this FML: 1) You idiot, a prostitute? The ****! 2) Holy shit, you're ******* your SISTER? 3) OOOOOOOH...jail. Gotcha. So many emotions from one little story. Well done.

PinkFun1969 9

4) I hope the op covered their car seat with plastic...

bizarre_ftw 21
bizarre_ftw 21

Lol XD this is funny, in the phrasing of #2 on doc's list the use of your and you're are interchangeable and the sentence can still make sense. The first time I read it I thought he'd messed up and the next second I realized the reality and rewrote my above comment