By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:52 - United States

Today, I parked my car on the street to go to the gym. When I came back my car was blocked by a parade of people. I turned to a shop worker smoking a cigarette and said "Jesus! What the hell is going on?" I got many strange looks. It was a Good Friday parade lead by a local church. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 804
You deserved it 47 334

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SpunkT 0

Awesome. Also, can we seriously knock that "FIRST!!!OMG I"M AWESOME CAUSE I CHECK WEBSITES SO OFTEN I CAN COMMENT BEFORE ANYONE ELSE LOOK HOW COOL I AM HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA" crap out? Or can FML just delete those comments? I know other sites just go through and delete stupid "FIRST" comments. Even if you say something else after you're a total douche. We can see that you're first. You're not cool. Go outside.

I will never understand why people go to parades. If it wasn't for the candy when I was younger I would have shot myself. Hopefully they let you out.

Comments

AlexJakubsen1 0

man if poeple want to be obsessed with imaginary shit like religion, they should at least keep it in their own homes. fyl. fol actually. america is wretching under the weight of those poeple

Zacwa 0

actually america is wretching under the weight of the millions of fat people >_<

breaksprinter_ 0
tiltwrestler 0

I didn't say that atheists were more criminally inclined, or poorer. I simply said they had less morals. In explaining this, a survey was conducted on thousands of people, asking what moral traits they consider important or non-important (such as honesty, kindness, generosity, courtesy, etc.) and it is shown here: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atheists_theists_morality.html However, the notion that atheists are less moral than religious people isn't my main point. What I am trying to stress is the simple fact that Americans have the constitutional right to believe what they want, and they will believe what they want. Unfortunately for atheists, over 90% of america is religious, and about 75% of America is Christian. That is simply the way our country stacks up. So when it comes voting time, the simple fact is that Christians and/or religious, moral people are more likely to get elected than atheists (or, say, open Muslims) because that is simply one of the things our country believes/feels at the moment. And we as Americans have the right to disagree with others, but we don't have the right to actually silence or threaten them. Unfortunately, many supporters of the "progressive" or liberal ideology, also have shown their utter lack of respect for freedom of speech, and of the press, and of the media. This is shown in numerous cases- the gay attacks on old ladies and Christians after Prop 8, the showing of every Prop 8 supporter's house (for vandalism, violence, mail threats and picketing), the liberals wanting to silence the right-wing media (even though 93% of the media voted for Obama, so the media is dominated by the left-wing already), and lastly, some liberals want to expand government and redifine "free speech" altogether, to make our society more oppressive and less free. Defenders of suppressing free speech claim that only "hate speech" and "dangerous speech" will be stopped. Yeah, sure, thats what Hitler and Stalin said, too! And they were both socialists as well. You see, the government AT FIRST only limits hate/dangerous speech. But once they have enough power, they can simply REDEFINE what speech is or is not hate speech! Then they can make hating the government illegal, or make saying anything offensive to the ruling political party illegal, or make certain thoughts illegal! In other words, give them an inch, and they will take a mile. So do me a favor: You atheists can hate us Christians all you want. Don't worry- we won't hate you back. Just do us a favor, and don't actively try to expand government and silence us, while ruining America in the process.... ok? Because if you do that, it will hurt you as well as us, in the long run.

liveitlearnit 0

#55, I am an atheist and I feel that I hold many moral values. Some of these include the acceptance of others, and the ability to communicate without relying on a deity to justify a lack of education. Please don't stereotype. You sound like a true fool when you act mightier because you believe something we can't see evidence for. Also, tell me if the gay attacks on Christians post-Prop 8 outnumber the amount of attacks on gays for loving one another, when Jesus says it's "wrong". I think not.

Yes! People don't have to be God-fearing to know the difference between right and wrong. Religion, the threat of Hell, and the lure of heaven isn't fully necessary for some people to behave, they just have their morals to guide them. I'm not trying to imply that religion isn't needed, but if people believe, then just let them believe. Not all athiests are bad, not all Christians are good. We're all people, so we should just try to accept each other and get along.

tiltwrestler 0

57, i've never attacked gays, but I had a gay guy act all tough/indignant and push me when i gave a speech that i was REQUIRED TO DO in speech class that happened to be in favor of prop 8... and i didnt push him till he pushed me first... so ummm... you were saying? and thats the problem, the majority of gays dont love, they f*ck. and thats why the average gay lifespan in america is 30 years younger than the average heterosexual lifespan- because they have sex too much with too many people, and get STDs.

mehwhateverr 0

why are people saying run them over? it's a Christian holiday, and we're allowed to celebrate it the way we want to. without us, you wouldn't have Easter. and it's your fault for yelling "Jesus!" YDI.

snoopy2010 0

I'm religious too, but I will admit that using religion as a standard of how ethical someone's actions are isn't always the smartest policy. My grandparents were missionaries and I love and respect them for it, but even my grandfather once sadly admitted that religious people were some of the most judgmental and prejudiced in the world. It's the sad truth. It applies to all religions, but here in America the small-town evangelicals are some of the most hateful people I've ever met. It's very rare that you'll hear an athiest make a racist comment, for example, but racist comments (especially against black people) are very common among small-town conservatives. Are many athiests immoral? Absolutely. But if you take any practice you define as immoral - crime, premarital sex, binge drinking, whatever - you'll find many religious people engaging in the exact same behaviors. It's not a strong correlation.

YDI. You don't think you could have put two and two together? It's easter. There's a church nearby....