By Anonymous - 12/04/2009 02:52 - United States

Today, I parked my car on the street to go to the gym. When I came back my car was blocked by a parade of people. I turned to a shop worker smoking a cigarette and said "Jesus! What the hell is going on?" I got many strange looks. It was a Good Friday parade lead by a local church. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 804
You deserved it 47 334

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SpunkT 0

Awesome. Also, can we seriously knock that "FIRST!!!OMG I"M AWESOME CAUSE I CHECK WEBSITES SO OFTEN I CAN COMMENT BEFORE ANYONE ELSE LOOK HOW COOL I AM HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA" crap out? Or can FML just delete those comments? I know other sites just go through and delete stupid "FIRST" comments. Even if you say something else after you're a total douche. We can see that you're first. You're not cool. Go outside.

I will never understand why people go to parades. If it wasn't for the candy when I was younger I would have shot myself. Hopefully they let you out.

Comments

#29,#30 you are simply mistaken. Announce you are Atheist and try to get get elected president now. And remember how down on Obama some members of the electorate were when it was suggested he might be Moslem.

melishusss 0

a parade? good friday is supposed a sad day.

Stiggy626 25

good Friday is supposed to be a "good" day, hence the name, since it was the start of our forgiveness of original sin.... damn I don't even go to church anymore and I'm more educated..

tiltwrestler 0

#32, you are mistaking "the right to freedom of religion" and the "will of the people". We cannot enact a law that will force people to be accepting of atheism, or to be accepting of muslims at a time of "war on terror" against (guess who?) muslim extremists. We enacted a law giving people the right to BELIEVE THAT- but it doesnt guarantee that people will be forced to VOTE for that person. Same as people having a RIGHT to believe that the holocaust didnt exist... stupid? yes. will people like it? no. but is it allowed? yes. I understand your point, and it's unfortunate, because I know SOME good atheists. But the quarrel most americans have with a truly atheist president is that they aren't statistically as moral and good as religious people are- simply because religious people have a strict moral code they are obligated to adhere to! This makes them do good things, and behave better than, most humans normally would. So like I said- Obama has the FREEDOM to be christian, muslim, atheist, or attend a racist "coming home to roost" church, with a racist preacher. But that doesn't mean the PEOPLE aren't going to judge a person based on what THEY believe. They are ALLOWED TO- its called "freedom of thought". And umm, last time I checked, most atheists vote democrat. Most illegal immigrants vote democrat, or whoever votes for more amnesty. So it's not just christians voting for what they believe in, it's everybody! And thats our choice. It's the american choice.

Stiggy626 25

^ I think this guys a republican, with all the half truths he's spouting off and what not

Stiggy626 25

and saying religious people are morally better is way off-base since it completely depends on belief. basically you're disregarding the entire Muslim religion and sanctifying all that believe in God. like Christians or Catholics have never done anything bad..... smh, ignorance, let's keep spreadin it guys

TryToBeKind 0

They didn't have signs telling people not to park on that street due to the parade? That's not really fair - were other people's cars blocked then too?

"But the quarrel most americans have with a truly atheist president is that they aren't statistically as moral and good as religious people are- simply because religious people have a strict moral code they are obligated to adhere to!" That's a very interesting statistic. Where did you get it?

so you, or whoever you quoted from, argues that an atheist prezident would not have morals? so, to conclude, god is the only moral being so we should follow without question?

#36, good point...that makes sense.

Haha too bad some people are religious crazy

Hey 38, choose a different word if you wanna be snarky, because there is no "statistic" in 36's post. Also, HUGE LOL at all the "first posters" saying YOUR JUST JEALOUS. YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE FIRST!!!!! WHY R YOU GETTING SO UPSET Why are they getting so upset? Why are YOU getting so pumped about having a first comment? Get the **** over it, and SURPRISE, I'm not jealous because I've had several first comments and in none of them did I make a douche out of myself.