By single - 20/10/2013 23:21 - United States

Today, I met up on a blind date. He took a phone call one drink in and said he had to leave because he didn't know it was his buddy's birthday, and they were having a party without him. I offered to split the bill and put out a $20. He got up, unlocked the bicycle behind us and rode off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 056
You deserved it 3 694

Same thing different taste

Top comments

astralvagan 20

damn, Lance Armstrong must be broke as hell!

Wait? So if you ride a bike, you are poor? What if he lived nearby? Or his car was in the shop or didn't want to drive? Gold diggers are terrible people. Stop being one.

Comments

prinncess00 16

He probably was underage... You should cycle through this one.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Wait? So if you ride a bike, you are poor? What if he lived nearby? Or his car was in the shop or didn't want to drive? Gold diggers are terrible people. Stop being one.

astralvagan 20

damn, Lance Armstrong must be broke as hell!

pheebs314 17

I did a report recently at work on someone's bike that was stolen that was worth more than my car. Bikes aren't cheap.

3 - so if your soulmate turned out to be a poor cyclist you wouldn't be with her? Don't be a prick, judge them on their qualities as a person instead of their ride and the supposed amount of wealth it entails.

I have a decent car. I also ride my bike when I'm going someplace nearby. I enjoy the exercise and parking can be a pain in the ass. I'm not rich, but I'm not poor. I know plenty who ride for the environment. I also know one person who use to ride because a stupid mistake caused them to lose their license for a few months. Plenty of reasons to ride a bike. Don't judge on that. Judge on him stiffing her on the bill. And that judgement would be asshole.

1dvs_bstd 41

could be rides a ten, speed everywhere guy, cause y'know, it's great way to stay in shape

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
AurumPotestasEst 16

Number nine was responding to comment number three.

skyeyez9 24

Well we at least know he is a cheap bastard and an asshole, for not even paying for his drink and leaving you with the bill.

#9 was responding to #3's comment on thinking the date was poor because he rides a bike.

ThatFancyPenn 18
SkepticalJohn 4

I have two airplanes, a 4500 Sq ft house, and a couple pretty nice cars and motorcycles. I still ride a bicycle places if it isn't too far away and the weather is nice. It also works to weed out gold diggers like you, especially on a first date. Judge me for my bike and I'll ditch your gold-diggin-a** every time. If he walked out on the bill (op was unclear), judge him on that, not the bike.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
XIceBlueX 21

Clearly you don't understand what a blind date is.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Llama_Face89 33
dmklake 14

He is an ass on a bike. He isn't worth it.

Some guys are just jerks. If he was that rude on the first date, good riddance.

Grauncho 27

He sounds like the kind of loser who instead of getting a job, would drink beer you paid for and play video games all day - which you would've also have paid for.

kxxjoejoexxk 8

I shall have you know good sir it is a fine line of work!

You were better off in the long run... he didnt care and you should not let it reflect on who you are, any other giy would be lucky to have you.

You're definitely better off without that ass

He could of asked you if you wanted to go with him, I think it was his way of ditching you sorry op but it sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one.