By single - 20/10/2013 23:21 - United States

Today, I met up on a blind date. He took a phone call one drink in and said he had to leave because he didn't know it was his buddy's birthday, and they were having a party without him. I offered to split the bill and put out a $20. He got up, unlocked the bicycle behind us and rode off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 058
You deserved it 3 694

Same thing different taste

Top comments

astralvagan 20

damn, Lance Armstrong must be broke as hell!

Wait? So if you ride a bike, you are poor? What if he lived nearby? Or his car was in the shop or didn't want to drive? Gold diggers are terrible people. Stop being one.

Comments

How could he not know it was his friend's birthday? That was just an excuse to leave, OP. You shouldn't have offered to pay for any of it.

The guy rides on a bicycle for Christ sakes.

'... and rode off into the sunset with his one true love. The End.' no but for real, I'm sorry op 'cause that was a real dick move. I'm sure you'll find your Prince Charming one day though, don't give up!!

I think the dick move is when he didn't pay for his beer. It was a blind date, never have dinner on a blind date! Also, you need to have a serious talk with whoever set this up for you.

yellowzinnias 20

If it makes you feel better sweetie, at least he didn't take the waitress's number before high-tailing it like one of my blind dates did!

yellowzinnias 20

Also, I think the whole bike issue is teenagers vs. adults. The teenagers and young twenties people obviously think it's fine. I'm 30 and make a very decent salary. Showing up on a bike would be a negative to me, yes, because I'm not looking to be anyone's sugar mama.