By pon-3 - 22/06/2012 21:13 - United Kingdom - Derby

Today, I met my biological parents for the first time. Their justification for giving me up for adoption was that I wasn't conceived at the ideal time for them. Apparently, the ideal time was six months after the adoption, when they conceived the first of my two brothers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 953
You deserved it 2 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you got a better deal with your adoptive parents!

awesomeguy1221 4

Wow. Seems like they're great people... Not

Comments

I wasn't aware a birth could happen only six months later... I was taught nine.

Bliss391 7

It's possible, just not advised.

OP was born; 6 months after that the first brother was conceived.

I know what OP meant but...according to the FML OP wasn't conceived at ideal time and the ideal time was six months later when OP's brother was conceived so it makes it sound like the brother was conceived six months after the OP

citymayer 7

58- Yeah well, maybe the grammar isn't do great but most people would understand what's going on the FML. You know, common sense and all.

They were just premature babies. It's not that uncommon.

Lludes 5

58- it does not sound like that at all. Reread the post.

If you were happy with the adoptive parents, who cares what the biological parents were like?

Sounds like you were fortunate enough to be raised by somebody who actually cares about their children.

That's so right on many levels. Firstly imagine being brought up by parents who never wanted you - in many situations these children feel neglected and feel like a burden. By Op being adopted he has lived a life where (I bloody hope so or this argument sucks) the adoptive parents wanted him - as they picked him specifically, they had to go through a pretty long process to get approved, much longer than forgetting to wack a condom on or take the pill for contraception. Now going back to the whole 6 month thing, Mothers usually know they are pregnant by the 2nd month, that leaves 7months + the 6months of waiting before the next child + any time between actually being adopted and being born+ the 9 months it took to have the second child and BADABING! That's almost 2 years of the biological parents feeling ready to support a child. Like most people said a lot can change in that time. Always remember OP you most surely had a better and happier up bringing that most unwanted children.

RecklessJellyBea 7

Try not to hold so much animosity towards them. People aren't the same and all I can say is "shit happens." Your life with your adoptive parents is good right? If so, does it really matter?

TheVelocirabbit 10

Well, there may have been money troubles at the time. Either way, show them that you grew up to be a polite gentleman.

You can thumb me down all you want, but you (and all you other ignorant little twats calling OP's parents "assholes" and other names) are a selfish ******* brat. You don't have any idea what their situation was, and they chose to sacrifice the opportunity to raise you in order for YOU to have a better chance of having a good upbringing. What, you'd rather have stayed in an impossible home? Maybe they were both unemployed and couldn't afford to buy you clothes and food. Maybe they were too young and couldn't handle the responsibility. The sad fact here is that the vast majority of the commenters here have NO ******* CLUE what it takes to raise a child. So thumb me down, I don't give a ****. But holding this against these people is incredibly shortsighted and narrow minded.

Okay the things you're saying do have validity in them. Maybe OP's biological parents were doing the right thing. Being a parent IS hard. But you don't have to get so personal. Chill out

Vaginabutter 15

I agree woth you Doc. Raising kids is very expensive and require a lot of time and effort. It may have been the bet thing for OP and his parents at that time. If anything F their life for not having they joy to raise you

Hiimhaileypotter 52

This FML makes me think, because if they were too young, six months isn't a big difference in age. Also, if they were both unemployed, I don't think they would have enough money in just six months to have a second child? I do agree with you though, Doc. We don't know the situation, so we can't judge.

Or it's possible they were into drugs and alcohol or any thing The important thing is that they birthed you not aborted you. You should give them a chance. When they conceived your brother they probably did not want to go through the pain of giving away another child.

Stiegr - Telling me to "chill out" is probably unwise.

If they weren't ready for a kid, they shouldn't have been having sex. Simple as that.

TheDrifter 23

Giving up a child is tough. Much like losing all visitation rights in a divorce, but with even less chance of seeing them again. The brother might not have been planned either but they couldn't take that pain twice. Hopefully op had/has an awesome foster family and childhood.

holy DocBastard is going to e-fight what else is new?

SLEinTN 7

I'm just glad to see Doc Bastard back on FML. I missed you!

KILLERTOAST13 4

Type a ******* paragraph why don't u I hate those people who feel the compulsive need to waste so much of there life on something so stupid on one insignificant FML post that probably (haters accepted) ARE NOT REAL.

... You can't just get a child back from adoption; unless I'm just uninformed... Isn't that against the "rules" to give a child to the adoptive parents and then demand him/her back after 6 months cause you felt like it? Those are the child's new legal guardians; cant they decide not to give the child back?And it must be traumatic for the adoptive family as well to lose their new baby after 6 months

PresAgent 23

#52 - Chill out. Threatening people for no reason is probably unwise.

abouttosleep 5

Doesn't matter the 6 months between the two. Doesn't matter the time they were in when they gave him for adoption. Doesn't matter what the story is. Doesn't matter how old they were. Wherever in the world you are, If you are old enough to know what sex may lead to, and have sex, you are old ******* enough to know that you should be ready for a child. There is no whatsoever excuse for  parents to give up their own child. That's why parents should be married before they have children. And I know how hard and tiring could it be. But running away of the responsibilities you brought to yourself is never the right answer. I know how much expensive it is to give a child a good life, but if the decision was made to have sex then the decision should also be made to take care of your own child. If they couldn't feed him they could plant some fruits and vegetables in ******* UK its land is always green... Being drunk or taking drugs before having sex? You chose to ******* drink and/or to take drugs. The person chose to lose his mind for some time. And when the mind finally starts working again you must choose to take responsibility right in the spot. Not from where you left your ******* mind. And examples can go on... 

Hey doc, I get making a point, but there's no need to be a douche about it, that just breeds anger and ill will, next time, try making a case with a little less anger, from one bastard to another, have a good life

Doc gave the truth; people can't handle it, what's new?

Presagent - I didn't threaten anyone. **** off. Abouttosleep - Your entire comment is rubbish and hypocritical (based on your profile info). Benjiadc - You're new here so I'll let that slide. My username is "DocBastard" - you really expect me to make a point using shiny happy rainbows and unicorns?

Bonzer 2
abouttosleep 5

I said that in my profile exactly for a reason like this one. Because reading your comment made me write a reply, which I also hate to do, (writing papers). And I read your long ass comment in the first place, because it's thumped up (it shouldn't be "stupid stuff"). I replied because I have other opinion. then looking at the name, who everyone talks about in their profile, got me a bit more excited I guess... And its happening again now! ( 4 extra lines, including this!) anyways I hope my point was delivered in the previous comment. (6 extra lines)

I agree with you Doc -- and for everyone claiming that 6 months is not enough time to get their lives together, try adding on the approximate extra nine months before she had another baby. A lot can change in a year and three months.

PresAgent 23

#172 - That's all it took to get you riled up? Somebody has anger issues. The amusing part is you actually think your words mean anything to me. How sad. For the record, I did agree with you in the beginning. However, your use of salty language hurts your argument, not helps it. Either way, OP, you do sound rather whiny. Be happy another family took you in, because it could always be much worse.

#52- Just so you know too "doc", you're not the only one who can be a bastard.Why don't you grow a pair and stop threatening 18 year old girls on the internet?

Stiegr - I don't give a **** if you're 13, 30 or 300. You're also new here, so sit back, shut up, and learn something before you go spouting off at the mouth. Presagent - See above. I can tell you're another anti-Internet badass who likes to look mighty by telling other people that they aren't. If you'd like to continue trolling me, feel free. You'll lose, guaranteed. Or just feel free to **** off.

PresAgent 23

#217 - You've got it completely wrong, but I won't hold it against you. There's no need for me to "act tough," because you're just another anonymous screen name with a superiority complex. Nor am I trolling, since that would be too easy. Get off your high horse, you are better than noone. And with that, I'm done wasting my time on you. Like I previously stated, you are a nobody to me, I don't care what you have to say.

dominic1221 6

Yeah you do care since you keep commenting back to him. LOL. And if you're not trolling, then you're just an arrogant hypocrite. Not sure which is more sad, really. :/

Presagent - Whew! Thank goodness you're done wasting your time on me. I was starting to get worried, and my supposed superiority complex was beginning to wane. I'm so glad I'm nothing to you and that you ignore what other people have to say. Who has the superiority complex here, big guy? What you're doing is the very definition of trolling. Have a great day.

Presagent - I'm so glad you're done wasting your time on me. I'm also so glad that you admit that you don't care what I have to say and that I'm nothing to you. Who really has the superiority complex here, big guy? What you're doing is the very definition of trolling. If you have anything else to say to me, please stop embarrassing yourself in public and send me a personal message so we can continue your little love affair with me in private.

Damn you, delayed-posting glitch. If some kindly moderator could delete the duplicate, I'd love him or her for ever and ever.

Well I guess this is a prime example of UFC fighting in the future. ( Fighting over the Internet )

I know right. sometimes it's more fun to read the comments then the stories. people can get pretty crazy.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Maybe you shouldn't have met them :/

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I apologize for this bad, not-well-thought-out comment.

I'm sorry, that must be hard to learn about but try not to be so hard on them. Perhaps giving you up was so traumatic that they couldn't handle going through it again. Perhaps it was so difficult they tried to "recreate" you by conceiving your brother.... It doesn't lessen your feelings about the situation but try to understand what they went through with your birth and adoption.

emstar828 4

im sorry doc but i have to say that if you arent ready for the responsibility of having a child, why have sex at all? every one who has sex is well aware of what sex can give you. its the parents fault, they were selfish.

Gee, how nice the world must look through your rose-colored glasses. Your "If...then" argument is fatally flawed in that it assumes both logic and forethought, two very special attributes that most people just don't possess.

citymayer 7

God FORBID somebody be so selfish as to have sex and then accidentally get pregnant. Wow I can't believe there are such people like that out there! I mean, can you believe it!? I wouldn't even EXIST if it weren't for my extremely selfish mother who gave up her life and future for me. Just a tiny little accident. Bc my mom's a selfish *****. Yepp. Totally.

What if they were a married couple using birth control? Are you saying they can't have sex because they didn't want a child? That's something you tell a teenager, but, assuming that the parents are adults, you can't restrict them that way. At least they didn't abort the child; and if OP had a decent upbringing... Well that's better than a lot of people in her position.

38- You're selfish for not taking education serious enough to ******* capitalize or punctuate correctly.

KxRiv1927 1

But YOUR mother kept you didn't she?...so she wasn't acting selfishly at all. She took responsibility for her actions whether she was ready to be a mother or not. Whether she was financially able or not. She didn't just simply give you up for whatever reason...

monnanon 13

It so selfish to give a kid up to someone who can feed them and clothe them and give them a good life. Its much better to face up to your responsibilities and tell the kid EVERYDAY the sacrifice you made to raise them even though it ruined your life, pushed you below the breadline and means you can't afford anything for the kid. A sense of doing your duty and self sacrifice isn't going to feed your family or provide a good family environment now is it.

ash1rose 11

This is why birth control exists. I'm in my thirties and married and I'm not ready to have a child yet. Do you really think my husband and I aren't going to have sex? What kind of ridiculous world do you live in? Sex exists for far more than just procreation hence the reasons for birth control. While I don't entirely understand how you can give up one child and then six months later decide it's the right time to have one, you're implying that the very act of sex itself is selfish, which is ridiculous.