By pon-3 - 22/06/2012 21:13 - United Kingdom - Derby

Today, I met my biological parents for the first time. Their justification for giving me up for adoption was that I wasn't conceived at the ideal time for them. Apparently, the ideal time was six months after the adoption, when they conceived the first of my two brothers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 954
You deserved it 2 316

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm guessing you got a better deal with your adoptive parents!

awesomeguy1221 4

Wow. Seems like they're great people... Not

Comments

Try to make a good relationship with them. I know it hurts, what they did, but give them a chance to explain further. The more people who love you, the better off your life will be.

kayleigh2112 0

That's terrible! Just know that you're important and you were brought into this world for a reason

rems109 5

Look on the bright side - you were obviously put with less selfish people who were more deserving of you.

you are better off where you are. I'm sure your parents that are really yours love u more then your birth parents could ever. they taught you how to spell correctly apparently :)

Don't feel bad, my bio mom got knocked up again immediately after I was adopted at 3 months old. My half-brother is a year an 2 days younger than me. Next half-bro 3 years and a month, half-sis is 6 years younger. She refused to let my parents adopt my siblings but she did not raise any of them. I'msure you were much better off with your REAL (aka-adoptive) parents!

jej1997 2

At least they didn't abort you.

I'm adopted too and have been looking for my biological mother. I know why she didn't keep me and I would like to thank her for giving me up for adoption. Hopefully when I meet her it will go smoother than this. FYL, OP. My biological sister is 19 years older than me and supposedly my biological grandmother raised her. Some people just aren't cut out to be parents. Hopefully your adoptive parents are good to you. I know my mommy (who adopted me and loved me and did a great job raising me with my aunt's help) loved me.

lflickin 6

I just had the same thing happen to me only it was that he the man who shares my DNA did not want to fight with the hooker who is the other one who gave me DNA people r freaks

Really, i don't find the blame anywhere. They felt that they weren't prepared for having children, so they looked out for their child's interest and put them for adoption; it's a lot better than abortion in my opinion. Maybe after 6 months of the birth, they had better paying jobs where they could support a family and they felt that they could at least support a child. If you had a loving home, it shouldn't matter the reason to begin with; at least you were given a chance to live. And for people who said they shouldn't be having sex, what if they were a married couple? Are you going to tell a husband and wife to not make love? Just because you are married, does not mean you're ready for children. Birth control might not have worked. Let's just hope everyone had happy lives.

The stupid thing to me about "don't have sex if you don't want to have babies" is that sex is HUGELY beneficial provided everyone is a consenting adult. It has proven health benefits, boosts your immune system, helps with emotional bonding (you know - keeping the relationship together), reduces stress.... Forcing anyone who doesn't want a child right now to be celibate is a ridiculous idea that would disproportionately impact on poor people and result in family breakdowns and higher healthcare costs. It's the most ludicrously naive, short-sighted crap narrow-minded psuedo-children can spew.