By Acidic Donut - 30/06/2013 23:48 - United States - Brookfield

Today, I hid my parents' booze since I'd always thought their shitty behavior was due to drinking too much. Turns out they're just assholes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 700
You deserved it 8 943

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Put the booze back or else their behavior will be shittier!

On the bright side, you now have a lot of booze to yourself.

Comments

That just sucks op. Hope their behavior shows you how not to be when you're in their place.

Hopefully it doesn't run in the family:) lol

cottoncandymango 17

Hurry and return their booze or else they'll become even more of assholes for parents.

Korosuhito 26

That's awful OP. Is it worth talking to them about it?

They're not alcoholics that are absent in OP's life, just assholes

So in what universe did you think hiding their booze, which you think is the cause of their behaviour because they use it too much, would even possibly make the situation better? Alcohol is an addictive substance and when it is the cause of something there has developed a dependency making them go cold turkey (could be a great intention but) would never improve things (in the short run)

I hate to inform you but alcohol does not change people and their behavior. It only enhances what is already there.

Ok, and how does that not constitute as a 'change'?

MzZombicidal 36

Because their behavior didn't particularly change, it just got worse.

Alcohol absolutely changes behavior, especially in alcoholics. Those who have gone through recovery commonly exhibit drastic changes to their behavior and attitude. Anything mind and mood altering does just that; alter you your thought process, mood and attitude. When you are an addict you do and think of everything through the eyes of an addict. Its much different than how you think and process the world when you are sober.

It probably comes from a life of bitter disappointment.

freesitter 14

Wow, you'd think a little booze would make them a little nicer.

codah_johnson 3