By Acidic Donut - 30/06/2013 23:48 - United States - Brookfield

Today, I hid my parents' booze since I'd always thought their shitty behavior was due to drinking too much. Turns out they're just assholes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 701
You deserved it 8 943

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Put the booze back or else their behavior will be shittier!

On the bright side, you now have a lot of booze to yourself.

Comments

or they're pissed they can't find their booze!

DorkAlert 10

Drinking doesn't make who a person is, it can only emphasis who they are.

Awww I'm sorry. Actually they need awhile to detox from the alcohol so this wasn't a true assessment but possible. If you're under 18 you can call the authorities or otherwise move out and find a lovely companion. I can relate to this. I never really had a father figure around and my mother was controlling and distant. Good luck. Stay strong.

Oh alchohol the cause and cure to so many of lifes problems. You should just have a pint an wait for it all to blow over.

Fyl cuz your parents are dicks but what did you think would happen if you hide their booze?? Alcoholics get mad as hell when people **** with their booze man

graceinsheepwear 33

Everyone is assuming that the parents are alcoholics and drink to excess but for all we know they have one or two drinks with dinner but are just jerks. OP already said that the booze appears not to affect their behavior much after all, and also never said they went crazy when the booze wasn't there. It sounds like they were the same with or without.

I'm guessing the low of booze after you took it away just made them worse.

danidanidani 10

Or maybe it's just because you took their booze

It could be the withdrawals. Making an alcoholic quit will make them cranky, same is true of people quitting smoking, caffeine, or ANY addiction. They will be assholes.

Never "verify". If there is one thing I've learned, it's parents who are assholes are just parents who are assholes. No explanation necessary.