By Me myself & I - 19/04/2016 01:09 - United States - Columbus

Today, my parents said they know I don't do drugs or drink because I have no friends to do drugs or drink with. They are right. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 827
You deserved it 2 027

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I am sorry about not having friends, but there is nothing to be sorry about that you don't drink or do drugs or that your parents trust you.

On the bright side, at least you're not ruining your life by becoming an alcoholic or a drug addict. Chin up, OP. You'll make friends!

Comments

CowzFan 12

Cheer up OP, I'll be your friend ?

Anyway..drugs that are illegal got that way because they work !

I am sorry about not having friends, but there is nothing to be sorry about that you don't drink or do drugs or that your parents trust you.

What his parents said in no way equates to trust. Belief in lack of means is not at all a motion of trust.

@17 that doesn't mean they don't trust him/her. If anything he/she should take what they can getting anything in the form of trust or something akin to trust from parents is something rare.

On the bright side, at least you're not ruining your life by becoming an alcoholic or a drug addict. Chin up, OP. You'll make friends!

I have a question. I don't live in an english speaking country, so im not really sure: Does "i have no friends to do drufs with (or with whom i could do drugs)" imply that I have no friends and therefore can't do drugs with them? Or could it mean that the friends I have wouldn't do drugs with me? I came to the comments assuming the latter and was surprised by the number of people who said op didn't have friends.

#18 It meant OP has no friends therefore it means they have nobody to do drugs with.

Not necessarily 19. It could just as easily mean that the friends OP has won't do drugs with him or her.

TrippyEyes 16

Except that you don't need friends to do drugs. In fact, drugs are an easy, yet temporary solution to not having friends.

agreed! I wish I didn't do that stuff when I was younger. I had no idea how I could have hurt or killed other people by the choices I made.

Well at least they trust you or won't accuse you of doing drugs

TrippyEyes 16

I would never EVER trade drugs for my parents trust, although I manage to keep both by just being honest about my drug use.

Look on the bright side OP, it's better to not be a junkie and have your parents trust, than be a junkie and your parents disown you

I happen to be a weed junkie that injects 37 marijuanas every day to stay emotional stable.

UserError94 18

Bruhhhhh! More than 3 marry jwanas will kill you!

Try little by little to get out there and meet new people :D

You're right but while that is indeed, a good thing to do, sometimes it's not that simple,no matter how many people i meet, It's hard to even just approach someone to talk. For some reason i get laughed at before i even say anything. Who knows, maybe OP is in that situation too or is shy, or very introverted and awkward when meeting someone for the first time. There are many reasons for having little to no friends at all. (Assuming OP isn't at home all the time otherwise i guess their parents would have said that.) Although it's always good to keep trying !

I would still be proud about not doing drugs and drinking. You don't need to do that to have fun or friends. And if you don't like not having friends, then go out and make some. Everyone can find a person they can relate to.

It's tough to find friends who are like you, especially if you're unique in your own way. I have a lot friends/acquaintances but not really anyone close.

That's a very pathetic thing to be proud of.

Could be the other way around, parents could be telling you that they know You drink and do drugs because of your friends.

DeadxManxWalking 27

is that the real reason? or because you know it'll lead you down a bad path?