By notadoorman - 25/07/2014 18:16 - United States - Elmont

Today, I held the door open for a woman and her kids on my way out of the bank. She started accusing me of patronizing her, and when I just let go of the door in protest, she deliberately leaned in so it hit her in the face. I felt the glares from the entire bank as she pretended to cry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 141
You deserved it 4 019

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Box0choklitz 8

She deserved it for being that kind of person.

And women wonder why chivalry is damn near dead smh

Comments

It's witches like her that make certain men want to treat us like crap! Keep being considerate OP... There are many of us who still appreciate a sweet gesture from a gentleman!

I'd actually consider holding the door/not slamming it in someone's face to be basic courtesy, not chivalry. I do it for people all the time, and I have **** and a uterus. Still agree that this lady was being a fuckwad, however.

QueenofWheels 13

When I open the door for an older person, they're usually surprised. They think teenagers are rude and lack basic manners. I'm glad to show them otherwise. #29, I agree, opening a door is not necessarily an act of chivalry, its just a sign of having manners.

QueenofWheels 13

I am in a wheelchair and I hate when people go out their way to open doors for me or they pulling chairs away before I can tell them I can sit in a normal chair. I am disabled not helpless. I say thank you but I hate it.

Not to be annoying, but I'm Wiccan and I'm kind of offended by you using the word 'witch' like that.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

@91 If you're serious, get over it...Really. If that offends you, grow a thicker skin. No one needs to refrain from saying the word "witch" because it offends you, that's honestly ridiculous.

World_Burner 13

#85, hate it? Some of us could really use a little help but never get any. Take it as the world trying to show it isn't completely full of shitty people.

What offends me is that the word 'witch' is connected to and used negatively.

Don't let one cupid stunt ruin the day for you!

Shes crazy for throwing a fit instead of appreciating your polite gesture

She's probably just some radical feminist...

mattmsk005 8

Quite an example she's leaving for her kids.

Talk about mood swings! Must've been that time of the month for her!!

What mood swings? What are you talking about? She was consistently being a bitch. If she had been a dude, you wouldn't blame his testasterone, would you?

QueenofWheels 13

If she had been a guy nobody would hold doors open for him like he is to weak to do it himself. Yes she should have said thank you but the whole women can't open doors or pull their own chairs out bull is played out

#55 I hold open doors for men AND women not because of chivalry but because it's a polite thing to do.

#55: Um, I hold doors open for people, women AND men, and I'm female. I also have a son and a daughter, both in their teens, and I often have to stop and wait for them as they hold the doors open for the entire population to walk into a building. You did a good thing OP. Don't let one idiot ruin it for everyone else.

I hope I never hold a door open for you queenofwheels, I hold doors open for men, and women, and I'm a guy

Okay, 55, you've made two comments now that have rubbed me the wrong way. I am a girl, and I ALWAYS hold the door for anyone: man, woman, old person, young person. It's a polite and courteous act. Also, I do not expect anyone to hold a door for me or pull out my chair because I'm a female. But should someone do that for me, I damn sure will appreciate it!

QueenofWheels 13

Well since you read both of my comments you would know I am never rude about it. I say thank you but I know they do it because they see me as a weak disabled woman.

I read your "can't you open a door" comment, and the above. I actually tried to post my comment earlier, but had internet connectivity problems, and it didn't post until later. Is it hard to tell someone you can sit in a chair? I'm a waitress and especially make an effort to move a chair and make space and accomodations for someone in a wheelchair. I will hold a door for a person confined as such in a heartbeat. It's good manners. If that offends you, it sounds like a personal problem.

QueenofWheels 13

I do tell them I can use a real chair all with a smile and thank you baby or sweetie. It just makes me feel like people showing pitty. Maybe if I wasn't in a wheelchair I wouldn't be bugged by things like that. It just makes me feel helpless but like I said before. I am never rude when people are trying to help even if it isn't needed or they are doing more harm then good.

#55 Holding doors for women actually isn't an insult on their strength. A guy isn't even thinking anything like that when he does it (I'm fairly certain, as a girl...). I'm a feminist and I hate women whose **** get up in arms when a guy holds a door for them. It's NOT offensive, it's polite. I hold doors for people. Public society would be a much nicer place if everyone practiced common courtesy regardless of gender.

Agreed, #84! People should treat acts of kindness like tips; don't expect them, but appreciate them wholeheartedly when you get them!

"And that, kids, is what it looks like when Mommy is being a bitch"

Maybe she's frustrated cause her husband made a lot of early withdrawals, and is losing interest.