By toritoratora - 26/11/2012 05:27 - United States - Huntington Beach

Today, I heard a teenage boy ask his friend, "So, is it, like, November in Australia too?" This is the future of America. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 696
You deserved it 2 842

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To answer the teenagers question: No, we have a special month called Kangaroocember, where we all celebrate Australia by finding kangaroos and riding in their pouches. ...OF COURSE it's November in Australia. Just like the rest of the world. >.<

SApprentice 34

... I can only hope that the boy was trying to refer to the weather difference, and not the actual month, because otherwise this is just another crushing blow to my faith in humanity.

Comments

nirvi 3

46-Oceania is Australia and New Zealand combined, and in some cases, also includes Philippines and some other islands ..

The teen might've been referring to the seasonal differences, but asked in an imprecise manner as teens like, tend to do.

katwoman9 3

Kids have to learn though... He had the right idea, because November in The U.S. is winter but in Australia it's summer. Maybe it's the teacher's fault for not teaching hemisphere differences properly. You never know!

RocketNinjaFish 12

Actually November is spring in Australia. Summer starts in December here. You've got the right idea, though.

If his question was common, then I could see this being America's future. However, it isn't. I despise this type of comment, because it implies the present or past generation is superior. That is never the case.

PsychoBitch666 8

If you think that's bad, you should see norwegian youth. I'm scarred for life.

maybe he was refering to the fact that it's actually spring by there ;) FOL

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, imagining he meant "weather-like cold November", and not the actual name of the month.