By Sassers - 03/12/2009 21:08 - United States

Today, I heard a loud crashing noise. I ran into the kitchen to see what it was. My cat had knocked over my fish bowl and had my Beta in her mouth. After scolding her and rescuing it, I decided to clean its bowl. When I went to dump some of the water in the sink, my fish went down the drain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 852
You deserved it 35 011

Same thing different taste

Top comments

riku3220 2

Why didn't you put in the stopper or put the fish in a cup?

I'm sure your cat was pissed you threw away a perfectly good meal.

Comments

LikeOMGWDworld 0

Ah poor kitty it lost her treat. I hope she wasn't to sad.

Why would you even scold your cat for being a cat? Maybe something to remember: cat + fish = fishymurder. Same goes with birds and mice... Still sucks for the fish though.

why would you have a cat and fish as pets ydi

ummm thats a FML for the fish, not you.

Now it can swim back into the ocean and find his family just like finding Nemo.

Today, a f**king cat tipped over my water bowl almost killing me. Then my retarded owner knocked me into the drain, tha mother f**king drain. FML

First of all, you shouldn't have a betta in a bowl..it needs warm water and a filter. Second, you don't clean a fish tank by dumping the water out! You are suppoed to changed only about 20% of the water every week. Your poor betta would probbaly had died anyway, considering you don't seem to know anything about fish keeping. YDI.

Bob31_fml 4

They do need warm water - generally the temp your house is at (76) is fine, so you don't need a heater. Why do you think they need a filter? They breathe air, it's not like the water has to be highly oxygenated. Change 100% of the water once a week and you'll avoid cycling, too.

Bettas do not just breathe air; though they do possess a labyrinth organ, they also have gills. As it is obvious that the OP does not know how to change water in a fish bowl, an aquarium with a filter, even a weak one, would be best. And why the hell would you do a 100% water change? You do realize that highly beneficial bacteria live in the water, don't you? An aseptic tank is an extremely unhealthy one.

youthink_fml 0

YDI for having a fish and cat as pets. The only real pet worth having is a dog.

YDI. Cats are predators. Don't buy fish or other small mammals unless you want your cat to try and hunt them.