By Sassers - 03/12/2009 21:08 - United States

Today, I heard a loud crashing noise. I ran into the kitchen to see what it was. My cat had knocked over my fish bowl and had my Beta in her mouth. After scolding her and rescuing it, I decided to clean its bowl. When I went to dump some of the water in the sink, my fish went down the drain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 852
You deserved it 35 011

Same thing different taste

Top comments

riku3220 2

Why didn't you put in the stopper or put the fish in a cup?

I'm sure your cat was pissed you threw away a perfectly good meal.

Comments

MisterComedy 0

Deserved it you idiot. Never changed a fish bowl? I feel bad for the fish. Don't know about you.

SHUT THE **** UP GRAMMAR NAZI'S. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT GOOD GRAMMAR REALLY, WHO CARES.

Wow, congratulations on being both too inept to realize that your cat would try and hunt your fish, as well as apparently being completely unable to change your fish's water properly. If you insist upon having a fish, buy a small tank--NOT a bowl--with a hood.

oh ive dont that b4. luckily i saved my fish...after freakin out for a few seconds trying to get my gish out of the drain.

That is not as bad as when I came home after a really REALLY shitty day to find my Betta fish on the kitchen floor in front of the door laying in it's own pool of blood. Apparently my cat thought it should give me a gift to cheer me up...She had to jump really high up onto the counter to get to it too...That was a sad day. I had to dispose of my fish and clean up it's blood. :(

KylieAnne 0

yeah... highly unlikely, fish don't bleed like humans do so I'm not sure whose blood you were cleaning...

Just because they don't bleed like humans doesn't mean they don't bleed when they are punctured by sharp objects (i.e. my cats teeth). That was a couple years ago, so my memory might be a little fuzzy, but I know I cleaned up a pool of something it was laying in and it looked a lot like blood. I was kinda upset, didn't really think to check what it was.

KylieAnne 0

you know, if people did RESEARCH on their living pets before they got them things like this wouldn't happen. bettas are tropical fish and keeping them in bowls DRASTICALLY shortens their lifespan which can be up to 10years in a properly heater and filtered tank of at least 2.5 gallons. these are living things that depend on you for proper care... not decorations.

bruslywrestler 0

it was just a fish. eat them. they're good

YDI, but not because you dumped your fish down the sink, but because you own both a cat and fish

mycomment 0

why would you clean the bowl with the fish in there ?