By SleepIsForTheWeak - 19/03/2015 16:41 - Canada - St. John's

Today, I had to work a double shift after my relief called in "sick" just so he could go to a party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 882
You deserved it 2 563

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you have the nerve to talk to your boss, to get him reprimanded.

Doing the same to him as revenge would be satisfying, but dishonest. Let karma get his bitch ass

Comments

How many yesses does an FML have to get in order to be published

Do you get paid more? Where I work if I work over 8 hours then I get double time

I got time and a half once I hit 13 hours. So at least it made the last 11 hours less dreadful!

tantanpanda 26

It depends if OP has a salary job or wage job. If you have a set yearly salary, then I feel sorry. If it's wage, well, at least you get extra money.

I'm pretty sure this has happened to all of us at least once. That is life, OP.

Well if you posted it on facebook you could always bring up your Facebook and link onto his. And show your boss on the date he called in that he was partying. That would prove that he wasn't sick that day which would ultimately get him reprimanded. Nobody should be forced to work a double shift because somebody else decide that they want to go partying instead of being a responsible adult and going to work. That is a sign of a very immature person I hope they don't have a lot of responsibilities.

Can he be forced to work overtime on his day off though? Don't they usually call and ask and you have a right to refuse?

it wasnt OPs day off. OP had to work one shift and the other person was supposed to come in to relieve him and take over the next shift, but he didnt so since OP was already at work his boss probably made him stay.

just_dorky_me 22

"I have all this work that needs to get done in a small amount of time. However, I'll go on a website to complain about my mistake and waste some of that time instead"

1) How was that OP's mistake? 2) A lot of FML's are written long after the actual event happened 3) And even if this DID happen today, I'm sure it was AFTER their shift (notice the past tense?) 4) Please think before you speak. 5) Your attempt at making fun of OP was ultimately a complete failure, but I'll give you an A for effort.

OP here. I posted this a few days after my 24-hour shift. I wouldn't mind working a double for someone who is legitimately sick, however I've done several 24-hour shifts because nobody can relieve me. On any other occasion I'd be fine with picking up shifts on my days off, but I'm human and do need sleep.

If it bothers you enough just report him for it.