By greenchan - 25/02/2011 05:12 - United States

Spicy
Today, I had to take an emergency contraceptive. I was talking to my boyfriend about it, and I told him that my stomach really hurt. His response? "Aw. That's just the baby dying." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 278
You deserved it 20 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

if you didn't want the baby.. y so sentimental?

There was no baby. That's not how an emergency contraceptive pill works.

flickyourbic1223 7

Emergency contraceptives are not an abortion in a pill (they're ONLY effective if she ISN'T already pregnant) They simply prevent the egg from being fertilized which is why it's recommended to take plan b within the first 48 hours after an incident. If your already pregnant the pill won't harm the baby. That's just not how it works.

coryadam23 0

Wow, kick him as hard as possible in the balls. When he complains it hurts, say aw its just your brain cells dying.. what a dick

If she was taking the emergency pill it wudlnt be killing a baby as it wouldn't of developed yet prob just period pains, use contraception!!!!

UnprecendentedAw 0

Wow. I'm speechless. Leave him.

Agreed with #5. Don't worry, OP. Plan B prevents conception and is not abortion. It sucks to hear that though; just educate your boyfriend! :)

Irresponsible.. If you can't handle the responsibility of a child, don't have sex. YDI.

I am very glad you are still 16. It's not too late to grow a brain. 1) people who don't want children are allowed to have sex 2) it is actually very responsible to take the morning after pill if you don't want a pregnancy.

DJeePee - I'm going to have to disagree with you. Of course teenagers are "allowed" to have sex, but many (most, I would argue) are not mentally or financially responsible enough to be a parent, and teenagers by their nature are impulsive enough to engage in sex without considering the potential serious consequences. I'm actually heartened by the fact that this 16 year old is thinking this way. Kudos to you.

There are people who aren't teenagers who don't want kids, you know, or even just don't want kids *right now*. Including married couples. Including married couples who already have children. Do people who say that sort of thing seriously think that, say, a couple who have decided to wait a couple of years before they have kids after they get married should just not have sex for two years? "Yeah, we're not taking a honeymoon, we don't want kids yet." Or that if you have any kind of health problem that could make having kids dangerous or could be passed down, so you're choosing to avoid the potential risks, you're never allowed to have sex even if you get married?

Still bullshit logic. There are people who aren't ready for kids at ANY age. Saying don't have sex unless you're ready for kids is highly unrealistic.