By imagrouch - 30/07/2013 14:25 - United States - Slippery Rock

Today, I had to have a serious talk with my 30-year-old husband about why Sesame Street isn't a "soap opera." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 343
You deserved it 5 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

summerguy97 16

Hey don't knock it till you try it. Elmo is actually in a relationship with Ernie behind Bert's back. It's some pretty intense stuff.

Comments

It couldn't possibly be a soap opera. I've seen sesame street characters outside! True soap operas take place solely indoors.

What happens on Sesame Street stays on Sesame Street. Except crabs.

I'm concerned that you think this was a serious talk

That show won a few Oscars...yes I went there.

I feel as if my joke was loose and needs to be explained to the public. Oscar the Grouch. Oscar the award. Thank you and have a nice day.

jedorr07 5

why did it take that long? All that need be said is "sesame street is better"

It's been years since I've seen any Sesame Street, so I can't say it isn't a soap opera now (it wasn't when I was kid). Basically, a soap opera is anything where character interaction, relationships and conflict are the driving force of the plot. Game of Thrones? A soap opera. Spider-Man comics? A soap opera (Stan Lee even said this one himself). Even keeping up with celebrity gossip counts as a real-life soap opera.

One is intelligently written, covering real issues that affect people, with the aim of helping you through the dramas that day to day life can bring you. the other is a soap opera.