By imagrouch - 30/07/2013 14:25 - United States - Slippery Rock

Today, I had to have a serious talk with my 30-year-old husband about why Sesame Street isn't a "soap opera." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 343
You deserved it 5 140

Same thing different taste

Top comments

summerguy97 16

Hey don't knock it till you try it. Elmo is actually in a relationship with Ernie behind Bert's back. It's some pretty intense stuff.

Comments

That's nothing, just wait until you have to explain Dora the Explorer!

So you're saying that Dora isn't Bear Grylls adopted daughter?!

olpally 32

So is spongebob square pants op! Duh! Lol.

The hell it isn't! That's a pretty racy show!

RedPillSucks 31

This story was brought to you by the letters "****" and "U"

Tune in tomorrow to see if Miss Piggy and Kermit manage to smuggle their illegitimate love child out of the clutches of the evil couple Bert and Ernie who want to adopt that green piggy looking child. Clearly, OP, your husband is correct and you are wrong!...

Kermet and Miss Piggy are Muppets. The nerve of you....this mistakes is unacceptable.

I'm not a puppitist. I'm for the free mingling of all stuffed critters everywhere!!

If Jim Henson wanted Kermet chilling with Elmo, he would have made it so. We must respect his wishes and keep the shows separate.

soap op·er·a Noun A television or radio drama series dealing typically with daily events in the lives of the same group of characters. So, tell me how Sesame Street doesn't meet the definition of soap opera?

QueenOrangeSoda 21

Note that it says "a television or radio DRAMA." Sesame Street is not a drama. And it doesn't really focus too much on the characters' lives, just letters and numbers and all that jazz.

dra·ma Noun 1.A play for theater, radio, or television. Don't worry, I noticed the word.

jedorr07 5
QueenOrangeSoda 21

It's more educational than fictional, really. I don't see any storyline to it.

QueenOrangeSoda 21

Hahahahahaha. That's just awesome. The drama of cookie monster struggling with his addiction and Oscar the grouch learning how to cope.

posie97 18

Haha wooow.....I'm sorry but that's hilarious!!! He must be a hater...:)

ILoveMyArm 15

How does that make him a "hater"?