By tpj24 - 08/01/2014 00:00 - United States - Ankeny

Today, I had to explain to one of my high school students that the importance of Pearl Harbor was not, in fact, because the Japanese stole the US pearl supply. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 418
You deserved it 3 969

tpj24 tells us more.

Rest assured that I set the student straight.

Top comments

RenoTheRhino 30

It seems that you have a lot of teaching to do.

Jeez... Do people seriously believe that?

Comments

Come on people, no matter how smart you are, you're bound to make some political mistakes. One misunderstanding doesn't mean this generation is empty brain stupid. Shit I'm sure you older folk got something wrong and were laughed at so chill out.

So OP you said "one of my high school students" So for a teacher you should try to improve your grammar. Also that student or students whatever you meant are either dumb asses or he or she is a dumb ass.

Holy **** that was not bad grammar also couldn't edit out my mistake now I'm the dumb ass.

But he did know it was a battle between Japan and the US? Yeah, sounds like he was just "pretending" to not know and playing dumb to get a rise out of you.

Yes, the B-52's found all the pearls while they were catching rock lobsters. They were all sold to a woman named "Enola," who was gay.

That is so wrong.... The b17 was the bomber of that era. Everything else was spot on.

In their defence, i wasn't told anything about pearl harbour in previous grades up until high school. Though on the other hand they should have known enough about it to know it wasn't about stolen pearls

ZY1431 24

im so dumbfounded that I don't know what ro say

skipper2009 18

Every time I see one of these posts I think to myself, "could people really be this stupid?" Then I see all the moronic shows on tv and yes it is very possible. Sadly.

I once was watching the syndicated "Millionare" show, and the contestant who was a teacher said they were hoping the questions were as easy to answer as some of their students - one of them asked if the faces on Mt. Rushmore were a natural part of the mountain or did someone put them there? This was from a high-school student!