By Anonymous - 04/04/2012 07:51 - Australia - Perth

Today, I had to call the Australian Passport office to track my passport. Turns out they lost it in the mail. A week ago, I got my dream job as a flight attendant. Without a passport they won't accept me. I lost my dream job before I even started it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 499
You deserved it 2 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lenamartinovic 13

Oh man that sucks!! Try to explain your situation to someone in charge and maybe they'll let you work?!

Can't you explain what happened to the airline that hired you? Shit happens and I'm sure they'll understand.

Comments

Err, why not just pay the priority fee and get it in 2 working days?

That's exactly what I was going to post. I lost my passport and had a new one in 4 days. It cost a fortune, but was worth it.

They can't just hold the job for them until they get you your passport? I hope so. If not, I'm sorry.

Oohh I'm a flight attendant and I'm pretty sure if you explain your self then they'll give you another chance

Be a pilot instead. They make a LOT more money.

This happened to me! Though it wasn't a dream job. I just told them what happened and they held the job for me until I got another passport.

sharod101 5

Maybe it's for your better :/ i know a few people in the industry, pilots to attendants and they all tell me the same thing, that it isn't the glory that it used to be. Sucks to lose it, but on an optimistic note, maybe you'll turn out better. Sorry, fyl

KiddNYC1O 20

Well, if it's any consolation, that career doesn't earn much respect nowadays anyways. I'm speaking from experience since I too work in the airline business and I fly. Then again, the airline business as a whole doesn't earn much respect these days as it's going down the drain lol. No, I'm not a flight attendant.

KiddNYC1O 20

LOL. Gee, I don't know. Could be a pilot. But you'll never know lol.

Hahahaha well you made it sound very vague. Loved the plane comment! My sister is a pilot.. I don't know about where you live, but in Australia it's a job to be proud of!

GoingToBeAPilot1 6

Reading this convo made my day. I want to be a pilot :)

You can ask to pick it up at the passport office instead of the mail that's what I did!

You can ask to pick it up at the passport office instead of the mail that's what I did!

When I applied for my aussie passport, I paid an additional fee which meant that my application and passport were tracked from desk to desk throughout the process and the passport was delivered by a courier company that also scanned the 'parcel' at every point along the way. The extra cost was worth it.