By Anonymous - 04/04/2012 07:51 - Australia - Perth

Today, I had to call the Australian Passport office to track my passport. Turns out they lost it in the mail. A week ago, I got my dream job as a flight attendant. Without a passport they won't accept me. I lost my dream job before I even started it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 499
You deserved it 2 333

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lenamartinovic 13

Oh man that sucks!! Try to explain your situation to someone in charge and maybe they'll let you work?!

Can't you explain what happened to the airline that hired you? Shit happens and I'm sure they'll understand.

Comments

iwishforagini 4

I think the funny part is the fact that your dream job is a flight attendant.

Is that was your dream job, shouldn't you have gotten a passport well in advance? It seems like you waited til the last minute to get it, and that's never a good idea.

missmichelle86 0

You can get the government office to mail you a letter saying they lost it and a new one is on its way. Then maybe they will accept you.

If being a flight attendant is your dream job, I have to say I admire you. I'm really scared to fly :-(

go for emergency passport , they will give you in two days.

KaySwagger 0

Your dream job.... Is to be a flight attendant?

Flight attendant was your dream job? Lol

ok firstly: the post office lost your passport not the passport office, secondly: all passports are sent via registered post therefore there are various tracking methods to see where the problem happened, thirdly: I know from EXPERIENCE that if the post office genuinely has lost your passport then the passport office WILL REPLACE THIS PASSPORT, and fourthly: if you were planning to go for a job as a flight attendant you should have already had a passport and fifthly if: your job is not understanding of these genuine circumstances then do you really want to work for them?

GoingToBeAPilot1 6

Wow, great job! Perhaps some day we will be flying together, because I want to be a pilot :D I hope the airline will hire you, even after the AusPost's minor lapse :) Good luck at, Qantas?

Why is flight attending your dream job? Lame ass...