By helpme - 04/12/2013 04:05 - United States - Brockton

Today, I got a new chair at work. After spending 3 hours putting it together, I was called into my boss's office and let go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 565
You deserved it 5 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you spend three hours of your workday putting a chair together, I can sort of guess at the reasons why you were let go, to be honest...

If the new chair was the highlight of your job man then you shouldn't be too sad. Speaking of which though, your boss will probably take your new chair. Make sure you loosen a few screws...

Comments

B1ackthesun 31

Well you see op spent a long time putting a chair together, once finished they where told they didn't have a job any more... just like op said -.- thought it was pretty clear.

In the netherlands you dont really learn that "let go" means "fired"

B1ackthesun 31

that's fair :) I did not look at your profile so didn't know you where from a non English speaking country. maybe next time ask what it means not just 'huh'

You don't learn that "let go" means fired anywhere. You're supposed to pick it up

B1ackthesun 31

which I see you've done on edit

you should grab the chair and stop very angrily out of the workplace with it

B1ackthesun 31

How does one manage to leave while stopping?

Booby trap the chair! Loosen a couple of screws

bfsd42 20

Make like a clumsy hippie and split that joint.

Make like a human and walk out with the chair at slow, leisurely, yet confident, pace.

incoherentrmblr 21

*takes chair, throws through a window, leaves.*

incoherentrmblr 21

Make like Milton Waddams, and burn the place down because they took your stapler...

I laughed so hard at this for some reason

yeah, losing your job doesn't suck at all.

B1ackthesun 31

Op no longer has a job for one, Not exactly a great day. Feeling like you where used first is a extra kick in the guts.

If the new chair was the highlight of your job man then you shouldn't be too sad. Speaking of which though, your boss will probably take your new chair. Make sure you loosen a few screws...

I have to say I love the numbering on the comments here. 2, 4, 5, 7, 12... lol!

B1ackthesun 31

Moderating underway. I replied to #1 but it's gone now.

wlddog 14

What if the job was "Chair Maker" and they just really sucked at their job?

I dunno, maybe the job was "hair dresser" and OP decided to build a chair instead.

Unless he works at ikea, I highly doubt his boss was thrilled with the fact that he spent three hours building a chair on the clock.

If you spend three hours of your workday putting a chair together, I can sort of guess at the reasons why you were let go, to be honest...

I agree. That's the first thing I thought when I read this FML. You kinda deserve it, Op.

Haha that's the exact thing I said in my head when I read this!! What was the chair made out of? Lego??

He was replicating the throne from Game of Thrones, and now his ruler is backstabbing his ass after he did the dirty work.

I kinda figured it had to be a throne made of FREE MONTH AOL CD's.

Exactly. And yet, very low number of YDIs... How many people are building chairs at work that they can sympathize so much?

Heathtastic 10

I thought the exact same thing.

At least you got payed those 3 hours when you put the chair together

That's the kind of positive thinking that will really chair OP up.

It was probably because of the chair situation. He most likely thought you were wasting time. Still though FYL and good luck finding a job.

ZY1431 24
RedPillSucks 31

Humping the chair was probably what got him fired in the first place

I hope you put together a fun spinning type chair on wheels specifically customized for you so you can at least make one hell of a downward spiral exit as you leave the building in that chair.