By troubled - 04/11/2009 05:10 - United States

Today, I had an appointment with a psychotherapist. I was feeling very depressed and was telling her how I felt no one cared about me. Her phone rang and she left me mid-sentence to take a call about her new BMW. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 774
You deserved it 3 753

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One of my friends has a T-Shirt proclaiming that they take the 'the' out of psychotherapist.

Totally out of line. Her phone should be off during a session. I'd let her know that you would appreciate her full attention during sessions, as you're paying a lot of money for it.

Comments

You know, much as that sucks, I believe that the very fact that you have the sense of humor to FML about it is a good sign, you're gonna be just fine ;)

YDI for contributing to her new BMW. I think the OP should tell us about his problems in this thread.

Heh. Nobody is that rude? Dude, you should inhale deeply, go outside and take a huge bite of the thing you call "reality."

perdix 29

Was the call from the dealer or the shop to discuss something important about the car? Or, was it from one of her friends and she prattled on like a Valley Girl about how awesome it was to have such a sweet ride and all she had to get it was pretend to listen to whiny-ass, teaty babies bitch about their made-up and exaggerted "problems?"

As a psychotherapist, I am appalled. Certainly find another therapist because they are not all like that. I would never do something like that. Heck, I can barely afford to keep my 98 Ford Explorer running anyways. I hope you find someone that can help you and will be more professional. You are not alone in your feelings or in life.

Polionixon 2

where do u live?!?!?!? lol their are people much ruder then that out there by a long shot.

Perhaps no one cares about you because you whine too much. Depression is the mind's way of telling you that something is wrong. You just need to figure it out. There are plenty of other people in life who deal with similar problems and who just might be in the same boat as you, if not worse. Egocentrism is not a virtue.

Blastvortex, this is one of the worst things you can say to a depressed person. Depression is a disease, it's not a character flaw or whininess. People die from this illness. Think before you speak, because that was really insensitive. OP, you deserve better. A good therapist should gives you his/her undivided attention at all times during a session, because that's what they're getting paid for. Definitely look for someone else. Eventually you should find a good fit. Good on you for getting help. It's not always easy, and it's a sign of strength.

netbeui435 3

don't expect anyone to care. everything isn't about you. toughen up.

perdix 29

Actually, you are right -- no one cares. That's why psychotherapists get the big bucks. Since, no one cares in reality, they've made a job where you can get paid a fortune to pretend you do care, and for the 50-minute hour, everything IS about the customer. Same scheme as the lap dance.

some_girl9 8