By Anonymous - 23/10/2013 04:43 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, I had an anxiety attack when I learned that my favorite book series is coming to the end. I had to leave the store and sit in my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 164
You deserved it 9 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What book was it?! I know that feeling as it sucks so much.

MissSticks 21

This has happened to me before... Except I didn't have a car :P I still have mild anxiety when I think about the fact that Harry Potter is ove- Excuse me... *Hyperventilates*

Comments

perdix 29

Aw, I'm sorry. Think of the anxiety attacks the poor publisher is having! They've been living off a steady stream of cash from you due to your addiction to repetitive claptrap. What are they gonna do?

graceinsheepwear 33

An anxiety ATTACK? Or just some momentary sadness and needing a few minutes alone, maybe? There are so many reports of anxiety and panic "attacks" on this site that I wonder how anyone leaves their house. The actual prevalence of diagnosed disorder is nowhere near as high as is reported on here. Real sufferers find their attacks terrifying, inexplicable, crippling, and embarrassing. Please don't trivialize. Oh, and sorry your series ended, but get a grip or the world will eat you alive.

graceinsheepwear 33

You are right. I should have said those who fit DSM criteria, not "real" sufferers. All suffering is real. Point taken. Anxiety attacks have become the new hypoglycemia, though, with everyone thinking they have the actual clinical condition and it is tiring to read constantly. Just my opinion. Thanks.

I know that feel :P Just read them again later on in life, you'll notice you missed things :P

Was it the Divergent series?? I'm freaking out, too

JMichael 25

I was the same way when Harry Potter and the Inheritance Cycle ended..sad days those days.

perdix 29

#34, when I read the last Harry Potter, my thought was, "She should have stopped at a trilogy!"

Inheritance cycle was f*ckinng amazing. Though it seems OP could be talking about The Rangers Apprentice series as well, as the closing story in that series was just released as well.

Harry Potter, Henderson's Boys, the saga of Darren Shan, the Inheritence Cycle, the Demonata... to name but a few. I'm well familiar with the feeling OP. It's okay, it'll stop hurting eventually. On the bright side, A Song of Ice and Fire won't end for at least another few years!

Wowxoxo 17

Don't worry they always make spin offs, web comics and movies! And hey, you can always find a new series to fall in love with, that's the beauty of literature!