By Anonymous - 09/10/2014 22:17 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I got roped into a volunteering thing at the last minute. I was waiting outside with all these kids who looked hungry. Feeling bad, I passed around crisps and cookies. Turns out we were at a convention to promote healthy eating in malnourished children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 586
You deserved it 6 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Who cares, you gave them cookies. Cookies fix everything.

I can hardly believe you were the only one that thought to feed them before hand. Congratulations OP

catanita 18

It is not your fault that the one who roped you in didn't informed what you were supposed to do.

Not your fault, at least you were kind enough to give them something to eat.

Society needs to loosen up, let kids eat unhealthy sometimes

So when "the kids" become obese and/or get diabetes and/or high blood pressure and their health bills are inherited by some state health program you'll be fine with that?! Thanks but no, there's a way to eat nutritiously while letting loose. One has to put the health of the future first over Ronald McDonald and some Grimace looking kid.

erenjaeger 16

They said sometimes, not all the time. Having some McDonalds or some Doritos every once in a while won't hurt you.

Get fired from Micky D's or something #25? Life is all about moderation. Including one's diet. Cookies or ice cream or whatever is fine to give your kids occasionally, especially if you've been raising them correctly in other areas, like sports or other healthy outdoor activities instead of letting them live in cyberspace 100% of the time. If you lock down treats at home your kids will just gorge themselves outside your supervision.

@OP This fml post reads like b.s. WTF volunteers for a cause not knowing what the cause is?! So you show up to volunteer and you go against the purpose?! I call b.s. on this fml post.

ChildrenOfFilth 12

At least your heart was in the right place

therealjc_fml 14

How do you show up at a convention and have all kinds of cookies on you to pass out to kids in the first place?

Also, who just hands out food to people who "look hungry?"