By dannytriplet - 11/04/2010 06:34 - United States

Spicy
Today, I got my son's phone bill (the phone I got him to call us from college). I found out he's been calling a phone sex hotline everyday. He hasn't called us once. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 706
You deserved it 8 690

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry, OP, but you deserve it for giving him a phone and paying his bills. If he doesn't know the value of the money, make him work to worth it.

Comments

I would take away the phone unless he starts calling you. If he keeps calling the phone sex hotline, make him pay for the phone. Simple as.

the kid should have to pay for his school by working as a ... I dunno... phone sex actor?

Get the phone shut off. He's an ungrateful bastard to expect his parents to pay for something like that.

_sourpatchkid 0

...uh... maybe you should just pull him out of college. If he's not smart enough to know that his parents will see the bill and if he's not smart enough to know that cybersex is free, he probably isn't smart enough to be a success.

_sourpatchkid 0

also, what's with all the confusion? He's probably 18 = which means, even if he was getting real sex on a regular basis, he's probably also jerking off at least 5 times a day. It doesn't make him pathetic, it makes him normal young person.

sxuxex 0

YDI for not have phone sex with your son.

YDI if you think he's actually going to use that phone to call *you*--do you not remember what it was like to be that age fresh out of the house? The LAST thing he wants to do is call home, and even worse if he's made to feel obligated. Stop paying for the phone if you don't want to give him that gift, but don't delude yourself into thinking anything you say or do is going to make him want to be in contact with you more than he wants to right now.

So you're saying that everyone who goes to uni will instantly drop contact with the people who cared for them for the first 18ish years of their life? When I first went to uni I was busy meeting new people, and starting my work, but I still missed my parents and found time to ring them and talk to them. And I imagine I'm not the only one, but just because some people don't want to talk to their parents once they leave home doesn't mean everyone will.

devinthad00d 0

YDI for just now getting him a cell phone. he's been deprived from phone sex for like 5 years. you're a horrible mother.

tomakobriefs 11

To everyone: -Who cares if it's a man or a woman on the other line? Either way, hell of a bill for OP to pay. -Who says OP never calls? All they said was that they have not themselves been called. -The alternative to phone sex on a hotline is now asking your parents for phone sex? What? To OP: -Cancel the phone service. Your son isn't calling you anyway. -If the bill ran into, say, hundreds or thousands of dollars, and you also happen to be footing the bill for your son's tuition... stop paying his tuition. -Tell your son to pay it back. If not, small claims court can be your friend. I'm sorry, but if he won't pay you back then your son is a douchebag. So, YDI for raising a your son to believe those kinds of actions are okay, but FYL for the bill.