By anon - 08/03/2009 08:47 - United States

Spicy
Today, I got my first tattoo. It was a surprise for my fiancé: our names together over a heart. I went home but before I could show him, he said we had to have a 'talk.' Now my ex's name is tattooed on my back. The kicker? Turns out I'm allergic to the ink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 886
You deserved it 76 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you never tattoo a name on yourself. Try something symbolic, that way if this happens, it's just a tattoo and doesn't have to mean anything anymore

That's the reason why the only names you tattoo on yourself are your kids and dead family members

Comments

oooh_dear 0

thats why, as everyone else is saying, you dont get a tattoo of someones name. unless its like. a family member. or someone who passed away. or just someone who means a lot to you and will never leave your side. tattooing the name of someone youre in a relationship with is never a good idea.

tattoo healing is a bitch anyway, being allergic to the ink is going to make it one of the worst times of your life. how big is the tattoo anyway? cos if it's small enough it's not too big a deal, but as everyone's saying, yeah, next time get a symbol ..

vitaminsandminer 0

yeah this is definitely why you never get someones name on you, even if you are married anything could happen

StarScream_fml 0

Getting someone's name tattooed on you (other than family references) is just bad Karma...

WeaponX1709 0

im not a fan of getting the person you love name tattooed on you, but if you do at least wait till your married, and that just completely sucks about being allergic

#18... That might be the most ill-informed statement I've heard in awhile (aside from #54's 'tattoos are trashy'). I've got several large, highly visible tattoos, and I'm a female. I can tell you that I've found quite the opposite to be true- not only has every boyfriend I've had been incredibly turned ON by all my tattoos, but many others as well (and not just the highly tattooed men). To each their own, right? I'm just saying that in the majority of cases, I've found that tattoos are a turn ON, rather than turn OFF. As to the OP- really? This embodies what I hate about what tattoo 'culture' has become. Ill informed people deciding that tattoos are 'cool' without researching the ins and outs, and getting a design that will mean something for the rest of their lives. If you'd done even a smack of research, you'd have known that getting an s.o.'s name tattooed is the Kiss of Death for a relationship. There is absolutely no way that you can know you'll be with someone forever- people change, situations change, and who you want to spend your life with now might not be the same 10, 20, 40 years down the road. If you're going to put names on your body, blood relations only. Your children will always be your children, your parents always your parents, your siblings always your siblings, etc etc. THAT is a permanent bond that you know has 'forever' value.

alex_vik 0

#40 - You find her attractive? And to all the others saying they find tats attractive, I was basing that statement on the fact that I have never met someone who thinks tats on a girl is attractive in the slightest.

mylifebelike_fml 0

why were you stupid enough to get a tattoo of his name anyways?

altruistic_decay 0

Ahah. You're dumb. That's what you get. You two aren't even married yet!

one23four 0

Damn. And that is why you NEVER ink a name on your skin.