Jumping the gun

By Kelsie - 26/08/2023 16:00 - United States - Miami

Today, I got a tattoo with my boyfriend's name on it. As we're coworkers, I showed it to him thinking he’d love it. He told me he couldn’t continue the relationship anymore since he realized he wants to fix things with his wife. Three hours of pain and 2 years down the drain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 128
You deserved it 1 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I thought EVERYONE knew that getting a tattoo with someone’s name leads to a breakup. You NEVER tattoo a romantic partner’s name on your body unless they have died. Kids and pets are OK, but NEVER a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife.

OP, I don’t think you’re going to get the reaction you were hoping for.

Comments

OP, I don’t think you’re going to get the reaction you were hoping for.

Wadlaen 23

I'm sorry for how it turned out OP, but I would at least have waited, dating a married man, till his divorce was final till I had his name tattooed on me. But, best of luck finding a new boyfriend with the same name!

Better yet, don't date someone who's married, period.

Good thing about being stupid is, you now have your future sons name picked out.

I thought EVERYONE knew that getting a tattoo with someone’s name leads to a breakup. You NEVER tattoo a romantic partner’s name on your body unless they have died. Kids and pets are OK, but NEVER a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife.

You should have asked me first. My Salma Hayek neck tattoo has still not worked and it has cost me many opportunities in my career as a life coach.

But it will be worth it if you ever meet her, right?

If you didn't know he was married, FYL. If you did, YDI.

Never get a tattoo with someone's name. It's just going to trigger a breakup

Did you know he was married? You absolutely deserve bad karma if you did. But you still deserve it for getting a tattoo of someone's name... such a cliché and never ends well.