By Mike - 17/12/2009 16:38 - United States

Today, I got in an elevator at a hotel. Just as the door was closing, somebody banged into the door and stuck their hand through. I yelled, "What, are you retarded?!" The doors then opened to reveal a mentally handicapped boy with his parents standing behind him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 111
You deserved it 54 703

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jgrl180 0

that's pretty much rude whether or not the person's retarded.

Comments

That term is perfectly ok, because THEY ARE!! Not in a rude way, but the correct term is"mentally retarded" so they shouldn't take offense

You definitely deserve it. I absolutely DESPISE when people use that term. It's not the person's fault, it's how their brain developed! I have no tolerance for those who did the exact same thing. In my school, they have a wing specifically for the mentally unstable. People STILL make fun of them. I have a friend named Whitney, and she has CP, and some type of autism. She's the sweetest girl I think I've ever met, and whenever I see someone chuckling, I correct them. Seriously, grow the **** up.

YDI, even if tbe kid wasn't retarded you should never call someone or something retarded as a degeading term.

I am so sorry for the people that have to deal with you assholes. First of all, handicap is just as big of a asshole word to use as retarded. Plus, it doesn't matter because he didn't know? How stupid do you have to be. You can be mentally delayed and still understand the words people use. Einstein was thought to be autistic. Did you know that? Maybe some of you should do some research before opening your mouth. PS, the word is disabled… People it is disabled, not retarded or handicap.

That'll teach you not to use ableist slurs :~)