By moikristine - 21/05/2013 10:24 - Norway - Fagerstrand

Today, I got an email saying the gift I'd ordered for my boyfriend of three years had been sent. I ordered it a couple of days ago because I thought he needed cheering up. I guess he found a better way of doing so himself; he broke up with me yesterday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 683
You deserved it 3 207

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hold on to the gift, and give it to someone else later.

Just let him know about the inopportune timing so he doesn't get the retarded idea that you're "a crazy ex" or some stupid thing.

Comments

I've always heard that three years is the breaking point for a lot of couples. Sorry things didn't work out for you but I doubt a gift would have made the difference if there were other problems in the relationship.

perdix 29

#15, unless it was an iPad-controlled quad-copter with an HD-video camera. That's so awesome it could make any other problem disappear.

seniorchang 16

I can't help but wonder what the gift is. A vial full of blood? A collection of famous people's toenail clippings? He'll probably love anything like that so don't bother canceling the order. In fact, he'll probably want you back when he sees it.

Hopefully that gift is to your address. Don't want him thinking you're trying to get him back by sending gifts.

Yes there is, but some people don't actually read the whole paper of information. They just care about if they received the item yet.

Save it or return it and let him go. Even though it's been 3 years, you'll find someone else.

That is an awesome gesture from your part. I'm sorry he didn't appreciate you. Get your money back and get/do something for yourself. Best wishes OP. :)

larsak 3

Give him breakup sex hell take you back for sure!

bach2121 13

This has happened to me before:/

/you did good, hugs maximum. Feel good about yourself. People are horrible, then you meet one that isn't.

Re-gift!! Sorry Op. He's probably missing out!