By Anonymous - 20/03/2009 08:14 - Canada

Today, I got an e-mail from a guy I'd had a one night stand with. He wanted to get together to talk about it. Turns out he's in rehab and he wanted to address the biggest mistakes he'd ever made in his life. I am a on a drug addict's list of regrets. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 203
You deserved it 14 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

npk1112 0

yeah...one night stands are something a lot of people regret. Maybe you shouldn't be so easy.

I don't know why you're so offended. In rehab, one of the steps is making an inventory of everything you did that was harmful to yourself, that you regretted. One Night Stands aren't usually anyone's high points.

Comments

Chaith 16

#26 Is right. Accept life outside your prude little bubble. Or continue to label people as ***** because you don't have a clue how they live with themselves. Your naïvety is showin'

gqduck 0

Wow, people on FML are so judgmental. It's very easy to criticize when you're hidden behind a computer and nobody knows you well enough to hold you accountable for the mistakes that you have made in life. Just because someone has one one-night-stand doesn't make you easy or bad in any way. We all have sex drives and sometimes make decisions we wouldn't otherwise make. Okay, soapbox over.. To whoever wrote this post, remember he is going through probably the hardest thing he's ever challenged right now. You should be supportive. And wanting to get together to talk to you, he wants to talk about the decisions he has made. It's not about you.

Cloudy_fml 0

#16, What makes you think he's trying to blame her? He is in rehab taking note of things HE regrets doing.

I've been through rehab. They never told us that anything was a "sin". We had to outline our own past RISKY behaviors. One night stands generally fall under risky behaviors. It's also a personal decision what you apologize for (I really don't want to say "regret"), the rehab people don't tell you what to do. OP, I'm certain that his problem was not you, it was that it was a one night stand. Either he feels guilty for not treating you better, or personally he feels guilty for having sex outside of a relationship. (Which, for the rest of you commenters, is ALSO a personal decision. Some people are cool with one night stands and that's fine. Others only want to have sex within a more traditional relationship. That's fine too. Judging each other is not fine.) Sex is actually a pretty common one to have issues with/go back and apologize for. I know with me, I had had sex with a married man and with people without condoms. Those were my issues, it wasn't that I regretted the specific people I had slept with.

well, now you know not to be so easy! Just be glad you didnt get an STD.

don't be so egocentric to think it was About you, it's probably the action, the one night stand.

green_199 0

its definitely about you. You're a **** and probably an ugly one

yes I don't think you should be offended at all...unlike what cantwhistle says, it is not about you at all, its the very fact of the night stand and whether itd be you or the most most amazing person in bed ever - one night stands is something that people striving for a new life will regret as it represents their old life. although when having one-night stands you should know that people may have so many motifs to have those, that they will quite often regret it later and consider it as mistake.

he just regrets having a one night stand. but it could also be that you suck at having sex... i guess you just have to ask the guy.