By MixMastaKDizzle - 23/09/2013 08:23 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a text from someone I met last night at a bar. We texted all day and planned to meet up later. The whole time I had in my mind who he was, but when we met up it was someone completely different that I didn't remember. I had to sit through the whole date pretending I knew him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 345
You deserved it 37 887

MixMastaKDizzle tells us more.

Uhh no. You don't know the full story so don't jump to conclusions. I live in a tiny mountain town, and the guy I gave my number to I had seen many times before. The guy that I was actually texting, however is someone random that I didn't know and didn't give my number to. I did, however, have fun once I got past the initial shock. It has NOTHING to do with looks. If you make me laugh and are an intelligent gentleman, then I like you.

Top comments

The fact that you can't differentiate between a coma and a comma is also misguiding!

If you liked him well enough to text him all day, I think you should give him a chance.

Comments

In a bar ... And most likely drunk YDI . Be happy that's all u gave him was ur number.

DrownedMyFish 18

Nothing wrong with meeting guys in a bar! I do it all the time. We talk a little, they woo me with their charm and we go back to my place for the most romantic night of our lives. I just wish they weren't so quick to leave after I give them the money afterwards.....

Cripes, I've been paying them to leave! You mean they'll just go on their own? How long does that usually take? (My patience is pretty limited.)

That's why first/blind dates should be something short. Ex: getting a cup of coffee. If it goes well you continue the date or set up for a second one. If not, it was just 15 minutes or less out of your day. You texted ALL day. He must have been at least a little interesting to you, no?

Yea, just when you're texting someone it's in context based upon what you know of them...so, I had to go re read all the texts. It was a different sort of vibe, ya know?

I take it you're not the you're to like surprises. Damn. *Discretely texts cancellations to OP's surprise birthday party*

Damn alcohol lol or don't drink to much

rlTlk 13

.. Pretend you knew him? Doesn't sound like you knew the other guy either, met him at a bar. Did this guy text you first, so you gave him you're number as well at some point and forgot, or did you text him first using the number the other guy gave you, meaning he gave you a fake number? Either way it sounds like you know this guy at least better now then you do the other guy. And unless you were only interested in the other guy because he was hot or something. I can see being awkward for when you have to explain to this guy that you didn't remember him or give him the time of day until you thought you were talking to this other guy, but other than that it sounds like the date went 100% as planned you met with a guy you met at a bar and obviously had a good time talking to. but thats not what you wanted really. That's probably one of my biggest problems with humanity in a whole your story prime example you were having a conversation with someone and you enjoyed the conversation based on the face you thought was behind it but then seeing who it actually was you, I sense though I might be assuming, were disgusted In a way that you spent your time talking to this guy that you wouldn't have continued the conversation had you known who it actually was. Meaning that you're experience of this person was not at all based on the content of the exchange but the face behind it. Two people can do or say the exact same thing but people mock an ugly person praise a hot person. Two people can have the same sad story but people will hover and cry over the attractive person scoff at or ignore the unattractive person. You can even tip the scales more to say tge hnattactive person had a sadder story or did something even more impressive than the attractive person and the results would be the same. You didn't say it was because of looks but my point stands that you based the enjoyment of your text conversation solely on who you thought it was not what he had to say. I hope you gave this guy a chance, or at least learned something from here out.

Uhh no. You don't know the full story so don't jump to conclusions. I live in a tiny mountain town, and the guy I gave my number to I had seen many times before. The guy that I was actually texting, however is someone random that I didn't know and didn't give my number to. I did, however, have fun once I got past the initial shock. It has NOTHING to do with looks. If you make me laugh and are an intelligent gentleman, then I like you.

then000bster 16

an* No wonder you want someone intelligent :)

Your lack of comas is misguiding.

The fact that you can't differentiate between a coma and a comma is also misguiding!

idc what ppl say, looks plays a major part in dating

QueenJay then who, in your honest opinion, shouldn't be dating.

Lemurcat 12

QueenJay, looks play a minor part at BEST. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have my boyfriend, who's no Fabio, but goes out of his way to make me feel loved and brings me out of my darkest moments, than some ******** pretty boy who tells me that I should be "lucky to be dating someone so handsome" just because he gets a job at A&F. (yes, I did use a reference. It seemed appropriate.)

You think like that, because you're young and dumb, not to mention how you're not too cute! So for your sake I hope not too many people think like you..

74, small CO mountain towns ftw, I guess! How did your date get your number?

DrownedMyFish 18

39's lack of commas put me in a coma. I just woke up.

Obey_StudBoii 23
Obey_StudBoii 23

Dammit Meant to reply to #39 -_- Sorry OP.

Dude your profile says you're from Gunni... 1) Western is awesome and I miss that place so much! 2) same thing happened to me sophomore year. I was texting one guy and I thought it was someone else and when the guy I was texting tried to say hi in person, I thought I didn't know him and after I found out, I felt sooo bad for treating him like he was the crazy one!

breaking_bad 7

Yea so for you it would be a no go for any guy

I think that'd be a good second-date question. Given what tiny mountain gender ratios are up here at least, I have a few ideas that I kind of hope are wrong.

MsMourningStar 22

Yes and no. Sexual attraction does help with certain things but if you've ever been in love you'd know that you really do get what I call "love goggles". They're like permanent beer goggles where you see a persons personality and everything you love rather then what they really look like so they're sexy no matter what.

summernicole17 6
Spider_Web 11

Just wanted to interrupt this conversation to say that OP's username is awesome.

Um don't put it on FML if you don't want people to jump to conclusions.

I suppose you believe your shit don't stink either #116.

#74. Well to OP. At least you are not superficial and had a good by the sounds if it good luck if you decide to continue the dating and how it comes out would also be nice to know.

Hope you get down and read my comment. And let me know what you think. Have a blessed day.

There was no where in either comment where she needed to say an

spiritfang11237 16

#153- actually it is a very small error on the last sentence. She used "and are and intelligent" rather than "and are an intelligent". I missed it as first as well since my brain auto corrected it. It is very minor so I am not sure why people feel the need to point it out.

That run-on sentance, though. Thank God I wasn't reading that outloud, woulda passed out.

#115, I would so high give you if I could!! Loved that FML!! xD

MiissAshleyy 19

Umm, yea. I didn't read any of that.

Makayla18_18 13
will_5801 13

There's a vowel so it's "an". And if you were being sarcastic sorry

Gwyddone 29

Okay, that explains it, and as it seems, it wasn't so bad after all. Have fun!

I'm gonna go out on a hunch and say that youre probably one of those lonely losers who have no friends and continually sits on fml trolling people and being a total dick for no real reason because you have no life. Am I right?(:

#107 Looks may play their part, but the point is that OP never mentioned looks at all. She was texting the whole time with one guy in mind and it turned out to be another person completely. That was the FML. She didn't say anything negative about the second guy or his looks. (Also, part of the reason your comment is being downvoted is because it's in textspeak, which FMLers hate for some reason.)

I've never seen so many dislikes on a comment in my life.

ChiefKoala 30

Get off your goddamn high horse and cut her a break. Jesus.

Not sure about "love goggles" but attraction can be more than looks. Heinlein once said that a man who has a partner who builds home up but is not a looker will eventually realise that she is beautiful - he just hadn't noticed it at first.

dragoongirl90 34

So much is wrong with this. Grow up, get an adult view on life, and learn to ******* spell.

thegravytrain 6

1) YDI for wasting both of your time. You should always tell your feelings up front to people. 2) you should try to learn and remember people's names that you randomly meet. 3) You also would be better off not going to bars to meet guys period... They only want one thing, the beer is expensive and makes you broke and there are better ways to spend that money. For example, by not going drinking just one or two nights, I have enough money for an entire $60 membership at my local big rock climbing gym, where there are tons of both male and female climbers. I've found my fiancee that way actually, because we were both doing what we love. If you find somebody at a bar it sets you up for a bad relationship. 4) You also should have called to have a casual, chill conversation before meeting up. That way you would be more likely to remember (or not remember) him. I swear this generation is becoming more and more socially lacking, because of all the technology. 5) Last but not least, you seem unable to state the obvious: He was boring, lame, awkward, or unattractive and THAT was why you didn't want to GET TO KNOW him. You clearly didn't know anybody at the bar last night either- but there was a guy you liked enough to wanna see again there, right? So YDI for not saying what you mean. Say "I had to pretend I actually wanted to see this guy, when really hes annoying and or too ugly for me" is a lot better and more honest than saying "I had to pretend I knew him". Technically you don't really know ANYBODY you meet for only one night. A-dur.

rlTlk 13

Exactly. I know people crying all the time they only find loser douche bags but they only go out to bars or clubs or parties to meet guys and I'm like... How are you not understanding why? I'm sorry good guys with good intentions and good lives like having a decent job or education, do not hang around bars or clubs or parties. They're too busy living actual life like you said, doing what you love rock climbing. And right!? OP obviously did not know either of the two guys, though she pretended to have a good time talking to the other person because she thought they were somehow, I'm assuming, hot enough for her. I see people do that all the time, they try so hard to overlook flaws of people even tricking themselves, of a person who they want because they are hot. The texts might have been the most awkward lame convo ever but she acted interested hell probably was interested simply by thinking it came from this other person. A friend of a friend dragged me to this party once there was this guy she just met hosting it and he "liked her" (which is another pet peeve of mine, you do not "like" someone until you fully know them, you can only think they are hot) he wanted to date her level of "liked her" her back window to her car had just gotten smashed by someone breaking in and this guy offered to fix it for her for free, why she was there obviously, but I was bored everyone was wasted there were people doing coke which wow thats my cur to leave, but she was my ride so couldn't leave so I just went outside guess who followed me, the dude, he just wanted to ask 100questions about my friend tell me everything he thought was wonderful about her. Apparently in his eyes she was a virgin, good Christian girl, sweet innocent fun to talk to girl.. As she was inside doing a line if coke making out with some other random guy. And all I could do is laugh and say good luck with that, as soon as she got her window fixed she deleted his number. And I don't feel bad for the guy at all. Why? Because he was just a pig basing all of his thoughts and opinions of a girl solely on her looks and trying to use favors to get in her pants. TL;DR

Ha, yea it did actually :) Round 2 is on Friday.

Good on you, OP for giving the guy a chance. There are too many shallow women out there. I like those qualities in a man too... Cute and intelligent. I found me one of those and ended up husbanding him. ;)

#104 It's slang for "marry". It's commonly used on the internet when an awesome story concerning someone's SO does something spectacular and/or romantic. You'll see comments such as "wife her" or "husband him". Hope that helps.

thegravytrain 6

I also want to say I adore RITIk's comment, a couple above me, about the OP being shallow based on the guys looks. Finally a girl who actually admits it, so proud to hear that. Tired of all the lies and excuses people make. It really is lame that a guy can be a hero, or a fireman, and nobody praises him if he's ugly but a hot guy can literally be a street thug and girls want to f*ck him

CeeCee_fml 16

I can not at the two novels above this comment.

can not what? take your nonsensical fangirl slang elsewhere, pls.