By MixMastaKDizzle - 23/09/2013 08:23 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a text from someone I met last night at a bar. We texted all day and planned to meet up later. The whole time I had in my mind who he was, but when we met up it was someone completely different that I didn't remember. I had to sit through the whole date pretending I knew him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 345
You deserved it 37 887

MixMastaKDizzle tells us more.

Uhh no. You don't know the full story so don't jump to conclusions. I live in a tiny mountain town, and the guy I gave my number to I had seen many times before. The guy that I was actually texting, however is someone random that I didn't know and didn't give my number to. I did, however, have fun once I got past the initial shock. It has NOTHING to do with looks. If you make me laugh and are an intelligent gentleman, then I like you.

Top comments

The fact that you can't differentiate between a coma and a comma is also misguiding!

If you liked him well enough to text him all day, I think you should give him a chance.

Comments

InsaneBolt 7

"Today, I got a text from someone I met last night at the bar." STOP RIGHT THERE! YDI.

lol you've got to read the whole thing to find out that he wasn't someone I had met at all. :/ But, good try

mansen 15

Then the awkward fishing moments in conversation, comments randomly dropped here and there to try to figure out just how the hell he got your number. Not knowing how a complete stranger got a hold of my cell # would drive me batty.

Did you find out how the guy you texted all day got your number?

No, I haven't asked him yet. I feel like that'll open the whole bag and he might feel bad that I met up with him unintentionally.. :/ Maybe I'll ask/tell him once I know him better.

Here's what I don't understand. You either gave him the phone number and don't remember (which you said didn't happen) or he got it from someone else/someplace else. If it's the latter, didn't *he* know you hadn't given it to him? And so aren't you worried that he went into this knowing that?

Hmm I never really thought about the fact that he would know that I didn't know. That makes it so much easier to tell him..

I would definitely ask him if he really likes you it won't bother him you asking

bigmammajamma69 4

I've done that! Don't feel bad , well yea , we are kinda slutty I guess

Some of you people are harsh. Especially when you know how auto correct works! I would have to ask this guy if the guy that you gave your number to was getting it for him. Obviously you didn't give it to him and you both know that. Now that you are getting to know each other it's time to find out if it is a big joke or that was the idea from the start.

As in you'll go on a date, then a second date with someone who you have no idea how they got your number. I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying what I think that person meant.

incoherentrmblr 21

Well, this should be an interesting "How did you two meet?/How I met your mother" story on your behalf...

I go on dates with people I'm not interested in romantically and still have a great time.