By MixMastaKDizzle - 23/09/2013 08:23 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a text from someone I met last night at a bar. We texted all day and planned to meet up later. The whole time I had in my mind who he was, but when we met up it was someone completely different that I didn't remember. I had to sit through the whole date pretending I knew him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 345
You deserved it 37 887

MixMastaKDizzle tells us more.

Uhh no. You don't know the full story so don't jump to conclusions. I live in a tiny mountain town, and the guy I gave my number to I had seen many times before. The guy that I was actually texting, however is someone random that I didn't know and didn't give my number to. I did, however, have fun once I got past the initial shock. It has NOTHING to do with looks. If you make me laugh and are an intelligent gentleman, then I like you.

Top comments

The fact that you can't differentiate between a coma and a comma is also misguiding!

If you liked him well enough to text him all day, I think you should give him a chance.

Comments

Hi OP, even after your comments I still don't get it. If I texted happily with s.o I thought to be the guy I met last night and gave my number to...and when we meet it is a completely different guy whom I never met and whom I never even gave my number...the first words spoken would be: "WHO ARE YOU? I thought I was texting Bill (Mitch, Dan, Tony etc). How did you get my number?" Why on earth did you "have to pretend" you knew him? Why not say: "But texting you the whole day was fun, so even you're somebody else, let' s keep talking" OR "I am sorry, you seem nice but I am really just interested in the guy I gave my number to"? Why is it so hard to clarify things when it was definetely not your fault at all? And you still didn't ask how he got your number, even though it bothers you and you think it's kind of creepy? I don't get it. Just do something and don’t call it an FML and complain. ( Yes, I admit it, I just want to know how he got your number, don't leave me hanging there!)

Okay so. Judging on all the information I have read. I am going to assume that the poor guy was given the wrong number from some girl in some other bar. And that he felt just as awkward.

Best explanation...also a typical romantic comedy plot outline :)

I was thinking the same thing. Guy who's somewhat new to town or happens to be that one person you've never crossed paths with goes to a bar/club. Girl gives him her number, but with a typo, OP looks similar enough to the girl in the bar, so he thought it was the same girl.

Well it may just be the best mistake of your life.