By MixMastaKDizzle - 23/09/2013 08:23 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a text from someone I met last night at a bar. We texted all day and planned to meet up later. The whole time I had in my mind who he was, but when we met up it was someone completely different that I didn't remember. I had to sit through the whole date pretending I knew him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 345
You deserved it 37 887

MixMastaKDizzle tells us more.

Uhh no. You don't know the full story so don't jump to conclusions. I live in a tiny mountain town, and the guy I gave my number to I had seen many times before. The guy that I was actually texting, however is someone random that I didn't know and didn't give my number to. I did, however, have fun once I got past the initial shock. It has NOTHING to do with looks. If you make me laugh and are an intelligent gentleman, then I like you.

Top comments

The fact that you can't differentiate between a coma and a comma is also misguiding!

If you liked him well enough to text him all day, I think you should give him a chance.

Comments

I think you need to find out how he got the # asap before you get closer. He could be a creepy stalker. And if you're concerned about how to ask, make it vague. Like: "what was it that made you want to text me that day?" It opens the conversation to how he got the #

Have you asked him how he ended up with your number? Lol this fml is like one of those stories that leave you dying to know what happened next

Yeah that would be weird ...especially in small place like that I live in a small Town myself I would of walked of lol

"Oh, you made a slight mistype in your answer, you must be stupid!" Internet logic.

No just the FML trope of playing at being grammar Nazis.

Roxeant 8

Anyone else thinking about the Garfunkel and Oates song "I Don't Know Who You Are" after reading this FML?

when you forget someone's name ask them, 'what was your name again?'. They'll reply with their first name and you go 'no, your sir name'. You'll find out their first name and Sir name, and not look like a douche for forgetting it in the first place.

surname - it might be better to just say 'your last name'

Now I kind of wish it was a "Sir name". Much cooler sounding, but I suppose a bit confusing for us ladies.

I dunno. I mean you state you Iive in a small town and within the comment imply you would have seen him around bc of what a small town it is. However, he's someone you've never seen before, don't remember meeting, and don't remember ever giving him your number, but this guy acts like all of those things have happened. I don't know how much I would trust this guy. Just seems really weird to me and if it were me, I'd want those questions answered.

The op seems pretty defensive. Im thinking that this is made up

This sounds so familiar! I was at a party where I knew maybe half of the people. Talked to some folks I hadn't met before. The next day I got a text from an unknown number, saying we had met the night before. I did not give my number to anyone, he wanted to make it a game for me to figure out who he was. So I found out, by asking the friend who held the party, who the number belonged to. And the guy was pissed that I found out! But while texting him, I was trying to get to know him figure out who it was out of the people I had talked to the night before. The conversation would have one meaning if it was guy A, another if it was guy B, as we had talked about different things the night before. Turns out, it was a whole other guy, who I hadn't even talked to, he had just snatched my phone while I was out of the room. So OP, I get you. I really get you.

Why would you leave your phone lying around when you don't even know all the people there, that's just asking for disaster.

Disaster is maybe a bit much, don't you think? I knew the hosts, and half the guests, the hosts knew the rest of the guests. And I don't know about you, but my friends do not hang around dangerous people, since, well, they're decent people themselves, who don't care for rapists or the like. Dude was just a bit awkward, is all. Besides, what would they get from my phone? My number? Oh the horror. Pictures? Big deal. My address is not tied to my phone or my number, so no luck there either. The phone itself maybe, but as I knew the hosts, it would be a simple asking/shaming to get it back.