By MixMastaKDizzle - 23/09/2013 08:23 - United States - Denver

Today, I got a text from someone I met last night at a bar. We texted all day and planned to meet up later. The whole time I had in my mind who he was, but when we met up it was someone completely different that I didn't remember. I had to sit through the whole date pretending I knew him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 345
You deserved it 37 887

MixMastaKDizzle tells us more.

Uhh no. You don't know the full story so don't jump to conclusions. I live in a tiny mountain town, and the guy I gave my number to I had seen many times before. The guy that I was actually texting, however is someone random that I didn't know and didn't give my number to. I did, however, have fun once I got past the initial shock. It has NOTHING to do with looks. If you make me laugh and are an intelligent gentleman, then I like you.

Top comments

The fact that you can't differentiate between a coma and a comma is also misguiding!

If you liked him well enough to text him all day, I think you should give him a chance.

Comments

Are you sure he was not pretending either?

rlTlk 13

Wasn't some old man creeper was It? So many things could have gone wrong with that.. Be more careful next time. Don't meet up with strangers like that. Good rule, if its you're first time hanging out with a person you just met, always group things in a public place. Getting to know someone a little past, hey your hot what's your name, should kinda come before a date in my mind, but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

lol that's not how it was. Get the WHOLE story before you judge kid.

Who's judging whom now? You're calling her "kid" when she's 2 years older than you. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses.

I haven't placed judgement upon her. Kid is a nickname far better than "bastard" or anything else I could come up with. I'm stating my opinion that she should know the full extent first before thinking she knows what's what. I did not intend "kid" to be taken harshly, and if it is, then the reader needs to grow up.

I don't see why OP took such offense to that comment. It seems to me the commenter was not judging, instead she was giving some simple advice regarding OP's safety. Granted, she didn't read the comments before her, so she didn't see the follow-up. Still, she meant well and did not at all judge, compared to most comments before her. What is all the fuss about, OP?

OP was just pointing out that pretty much the whole story is there to read, if you take the time.

She wrote the full story after some people already commented.

Ehh I wasn't really fussing. I just don't like when people tell me what's what without knowing. ya know? I didn't take it as advice so much as bashing..

jroxs13 4

lmao, I ended up in a similar situation this past weekend. I was the guy in the situation. I didn't even ask for her number. She asked if I wanted it. So I called her the next day and she was like, I'm in class just text me. So I asked what she was doing that night, and she didn't really say anything. Later that night I get a text saying she was at the bar. So I show up about 30 mins later. It seemed like she recognized me(looking back, she very well could've been expecting a different guy to show up), but she proceeded to flirt with a bunch of other guys in the bar. At first I just thought she was playing hard to get. Then I realized she was just a ho-bag. The next day she was like oh, I wasn't interested in you that way.

rlTlk 13

What's wrong with her wanting to hang out in a non sexual way? Why does that make her a hoe that she's not interested in you like that or so called "flirted" with other guys when she has no obligation to you. Ok she liked you enough to want to get to know you doesn't mean she wanted to date you. Why is this such a freakin hard concept for people?

hazardmuffin 21

Was she flirting with you at any point? If not, the whole "oh noes, a woman is not sexually/romantically interested in me, but dared express interest in meeting me at a bar anyway, she must be a ho-bag" thing is kind of rude. And even if she was, take your ego down a few notches, dude. Not every woman is going to fall at your feet, nor should you expect them to. Try having a little respect.

Bar culture usually dictates that when a guy and girl exchange numbers, it is for sexual or romantic reasons. However, I have met a lot of my current friends in bars. I tend to go places that have tables and aren't loud, throbbing dance clubs, but still, you meet a lot of interesting people that way. I have been in a similar situation, where I met a guy, we talked for about two hours, and he seemed really cool. I did not hang on him, wasn't drunk, and didn't say anything about dating/hooking up. He said he would like to hang again, gave me his number, and left with a group of girls he was "friends" with. I invited him to play pool with a group of friends, including the guy I was 'dating' at the time. The guy proceeds to throw his arms around me, kiss me on the cheek, and grope my ass. Really awkward, I had to explain I was not interested in him and for him to lose my number.

lol I wasn't that drunk. The guy I met up with was someone random that I hadn't given my # to...I just thought he was.

im not why you have to keep repeating this... people cant really be that stupid, can they? I guess so aince you have repeated it about 5 times so far...

missd420 16

Did you find out how he got your number?

spiritfang11237 16

well, "So, out of curiosity, how did you get my number again?" is one way to go.

JavaHarris 4

You did text all day and obviously enjoyed it so it shouldn't be no big deal. Give it a chance!

I didn't jump to any conclusions...it was just initially awkward for me.

mn204 13

You should give him a chance , you never know if it works out, you will have a cute story to tell your children !

Yes, you're the only one who understood. I had never seen this guy before and didn't know how he had gotten my #.. awkward

yenze 18

did you ever tell him you thought you were texting someone else at 1st and share a laugh about it together?