By Depressed - 17/05/2016 23:16 - United States - Collierville

Today, I got a call from the head of my school dance committee saying that the dance was cancelled and the services originally hired were still expecting to be paid. The reason the dance got cancelled? One of the girls on the committee's parents wouldn't let her buy her dream dress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 314
You deserved it 795

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TeacherTeacher 11

Is there no adult advisor to tell this whiny girl that the show must go on even if she has to wear her second favorite dress?

Let her parents pay for the invoices then. I think you all worked hard to raise the money for this evening, so it's not fair.

Comments

Wow. That sucks, OP. Hopefully there will be more chances to have a dance.

cheshirecat13242 32

Not really a valid reason to call the whole thing off.. Sorry OP!

Let her parents pay for the invoices then. I think you all worked hard to raise the money for this evening, so it's not fair.

Big_D_Real 12

Wait...why should her parents pay? If anyone should have to pay, it's the bratty girl who cancels an entire dance because she can't have her way. Parents have the right to say no to buying things for their kids. It's time to grow up now.

I totally agree. its not the parents fault their whiny little brat of a daughter called off the dance because of a dress. and they have a right to decide what dress she can or can not get unless she pays for it herself.

Then they should make her pay for it. She can work it off, and learn that your little inconveniences can cost a lot of hard earned money.

TeacherTeacher 11

Is there no adult advisor to tell this whiny girl that the show must go on even if she has to wear her second favorite dress?

usnwife 18

I really dont understand this FML. I dont see how any adult, teacher, principal, etc, would allow the dance to be called off for that. No way an entire school dance would be left just to the students so where the hell is the adult to step in? Is OP the adult in charge of the bratty kids who decided to cancel it and expect the OP to pay out for what they already did? If thats the case OP needs to man up and tell the kids to get over themselves and the dance is not cancelled... if thats not it, Im truly confused.

andrmac 25

Well I'm pretty sure that the they will have to have the show go on with or without that girl. Schools don't/can't pay for cancelled services. Adults needs to now take over the problem and get it sorted out. If they do pay for cancellation then you can kiss the program goodbye cause that's where they will cut 1st.

Glad To See the dance was all about 1 person!!!

did nobody else on the committee object to this

bearbear120 27

Does one girl even have the power to do that? It seems unlikely to me that she would.

apparently she's caption of something..... spoiled bitches ruin shit....CLEARLY

It's just a dance, tell the bratty bitch to **** off with her whiny attitude and shove a cactus up her butt if she's gonna be like that.