By Fred - 20/03/2015 01:06 - United States - Kingston

Spicy
Today, I gave my friend condoms since he didn't have any and he was planning on "getting lucky." Little did I know he was planning on "getting lucky" with my sister. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 638
You deserved it 5 823

Same thing different taste

Comments

At least he wasn't planning to knock her up!

Regardless of whether you gave him condoms, just being honest here, they probably were going to do it anyway. So even though it's awkward and uncomfortable to think about, you did a good thing and kept her safe.

I've been there with my brother... I'm so sorry

It was always going to be *somebody's* sister or daughter. I hate when men suddenly think it's different when it's their sister or daughter. Usually the same men that sleep/slept around themselves.

You just don't want to see your sister grow up. Is that so bad?

If you're not willing to accept they're grown adults able to make choices about their own body, yes it is. Full disclosure, an open family with open minded views probably influences my opinion. Even my grandparents on one side are that way.

Your friend is a bro, but not your bro anymore.

But maybe he's going to be upgraded to bro-in-law

You looked out for your sister without knowing it though. It could've been some scumbag who wouldn't have used one so there's some silver lining here :)

YDI. Your little sister isn't special to most men and most girls are somebody's sister. You shouldn't objectify women yourself without realising the women you want to keep safe will be treated the same.

Err OP, this is the 21st century, your sister is entitled to have sex with whomever she wants, including your friends. Granted, he could have been discreet about it but unless the friend in question is planning to take advantage of her, this is none of your business. I find this "guy rule" of no sleeping with a friend's sister beyond hypocrite and sexist. The girls you are sleeping with are also someone's sister / daughter. Plus, if you feel entitled to tell your friends not to touch your sister, I suppose she can do the same to her girlfriends, right?

ADBurns 22

This is not a guy rule or anything, this is about respect. I absolutely agree it's non of his business who his sister chooses to bang - it's about respecting a friend and being discreet - don't throw it in the guy's face..

I agree with you #42, it's not very classy have said it to his face. However, many comments here refer to the "bro code" of not sleeping with a friend's sister. And I still find it hypocritical that "trying to get lucky" with an unknown girl is ok and "here-is-a-condom-have-fun" but if it's your sister, it's disrespectful. You should respect women equally, regardless of them being related or not to you.

You don't sleep with your friends sister or brother. It makes everything awkward to so the least.

Hopefully you weren't one of those friends that poked a hole in them before passing the condoms out