By gtrs750 - 09/08/2009 13:48 - Canada

Today, I gathered both mine and my girlfriend's families secretly to a restaurant. I paid the restaurant to play romantic music, and paid for the best table available. As soon as we finished our meal, our families gathered around and I proposed. She laughed and said no way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 105 293
You deserved it 8 792

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OH MAN!! :( She's a bitch... :( FYL DEFINITELY!

Wow that sucks. But on the flip side, why would you propose to someone without being at least 99.9% sure they were going to say "yes"?

Comments

Chuffy 0

#72: You must be retarded, or you spend too much time watching Fox "News" which makes seemingly intelligent people retarded. Racist dumbass.

acd23 0

I'm pretty sure you mean #68, not 72. #72 didn't say anything racist and nothing was ever mentioned about Fox News, so I'm not sure where that complaint came in either. Fox News does not make people racist or retarded or any other name you can come up with. I'm sure any number of people watching different news channels are just as capable of being racist and retarded, and it's really not a question of the news channel they watch, but more in how logically they can think through things.

skullbuster 0

@Chuffy: I'm going to spare you a hate filled response - I was #72 and I think you were talking about pimpin88, who treated us to some long-winded drivel. There are too many people here who pounce on an innocent mistake, so I'm going to assume you are feeling both embarrassed and apologetic.

you are stupid racist bitch. noone is interested in your opinion or your dumb half scientific facts. you can't possibly have any friends that like you, because then you wouldn't need to ramble on FML. and your grammar and punctuation suck. even I as a non native speaker can see that. shut the **** up please?

pimpin88: tl;dr, you freakishly opinionated racist.

Either your a stupid kid for proposing at 16 or this is fake, YDI for proposing so young and FYL for her being so rude about it.

Nice essay bro. I think it's worthy of a C- maybe?

ubiquitious 0

Seems like you care more about your 'wasted' money than about the fact that she said no, so...YOU DESERVED IT!

A C-? You're way too generous. D at best. Look at that structure. The intro was only one sentence. Bad form.

Your sixteen? Maybe she said no cause she didnt want to get married at a young age. -.-

ombrelle 0

I don't get all the negative things being said. Who cares if she said no! Maybe they've talked about marriage and she just doesn't want to get married yet. or maybe she doesn't even want to marry him. Don't blame the girl maybe they never spoke about it and he just went out on a limb. She said no big deal. I'm sure this happens all the time. Just because you're proposed to doesn't mean you say yes and get married.