By gtrs750 - 09/08/2009 13:48 - Canada

Today, I gathered both mine and my girlfriend's families secretly to a restaurant. I paid the restaurant to play romantic music, and paid for the best table available. As soon as we finished our meal, our families gathered around and I proposed. She laughed and said no way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 105 293
You deserved it 8 792

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OH MAN!! :( She's a bitch... :( FYL DEFINITELY!

Wow that sucks. But on the flip side, why would you propose to someone without being at least 99.9% sure they were going to say "yes"?

Comments

16? My boyfriend tried to propose to me when I was 17 and I told him I had to be at least 22 before I said yes. You're too young, enjoy life first. All these kids are rushing into parent hood and getting married, but none of them are enjoying being young.

Why people bring in relatives to a decision as important as a proposal is beyond me. I would be pissed. What's wrong with a nervous laugh? It's a way to deal with a major amount of stress. I would hope that no one in either of the families knew what has planned in advance, otherwise F them for not stopping this trainwreck.

Holy shit youre only 16 years old, you can't possibly expect her to say yes. YDI for proposing too early. You make us canadians look stupid, go to hell!

Go to hell? Really? You take this site to seriously.

"Go to hell"...REALLY? That is way overexaggerated. I mean, I agree that 16 is a bit early to propose to someone, but I also have a friend who just got married a few weeks after she turned 18...so if both people feel that way I think there's nothing wrong with it... I'm sorry your girlfriend isn't in the same place you are (yet?)

kellster 2

Proposing in front of a crowd is just asking for trouble, unless you're very, very sure of the answer - as in, you've talked about it before. I think this is fake, though. You can't have seriously proposed at the tender age of 16. Also? No restaurant charges for any particular table!

Never propose in Public unless you've discussed marriage and know what the answer is!! YDI, for not even discussing it with her first.

Do you have anything better to do than write essay's on a website? BTW #97 Not even worth a D, Lol :)

star_ver 0

I ******* hate pimpin88. He always types some TL;DR comment. Buried for being too ******* long.

kudos to her for handling the peir pressure and saying what she really wanted

I'm sorry that happened to you. :( That's pretty embarassing. There is no way you could've known, and to go through all that trouble is heart breaking. Well you obviously are romantic and deserve a nice girl!!!