By Meg - 13/06/2009 22:46 - United States

Today, I found out the identity of the pervert who's been staring at me through my bedroom window in the late hours of the night. My parents and I decided to set out a trap for 'him' instead of reporting to our local cop. Turns out, we caught my 37 year-old neighbor in the act. He's the cop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 360
You deserved it 2 816

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wouldn't it be nice if they invented some sort of way to cover your window to keep people from looking at? Maybe even add an easy way to uncover it if you want the view outside during the day. Oh, wait. They did.

birds_fml 7

Thank god you caught him! If you had just reported a peeping tom, he just would've gotten sneakier and you wouldn't have known. And, people shouldn't NEED blinds to keep people from looking in their bedroom windows at night! In a perfect world, people would respect others' privacy.

Comments

perfectwinds 0

58, it's true. You do, in those states, have a right to shoot to kill if somebody is trespassing like that.

wikifoo 0

A cop ? Did he have his " gun " out ?

Goldfinch86 0

Uh you can still see through blinds and curtains, especially the shadows. Also she could not have been undressing but just had the blinds open and sitting and doing her homework or something. I don't think she was undressing in front of the open window. Plus if your a stalker or into children being naked, under 18 still constituting and child, then you don't care about trifling blinds and curtains, also just watching the person do anything will get you off.

KiwiBlu 0

Jeez, all the people saying she should get curtains, blinds, etc., maybe there was a reason she hasn't gotten them. So it's HER fault he's watching her? Seriously, people, think.

thats freaky, i would be flipping out!

I understand that people keep saying, "Get blinds" but there probably is a chance that she's already thought of that. There's probably a reason why she doesn't have them. Obviously. I don't know. You still could have reported him. He's not the only police officer in the station, I'm sure. So you could have reported him to another police officer. Like someone said, yes it would be hard to pin it on him (without evidence) but it's still possible. He shouldn't abuse his power like that. Fricken jerk.

#37 - FTW! But seriously, OP, go to someone above your nasty ass neighbour. Trust, you're cleaning out the already polluted system by getting rid of that scum. THROW HIM IN JAIL!

Yeah cops will do anything to cover their asses and it can be hard to punish them when they break the law. But you and your parents are all eye witnesses. That's some of the best evidence you can have in a case like this. Especially after catching him red handed (excuse the pun).

sarawr 0

As I have been peeped on before, and I know how startling the experience is, I feel for you OP. You lose all safety, or rather the feeling of it, in the one place that you should feel safe no matter what--home. The violation of privacy and the creepiness associated with it... is just horrible. Either way, I agree you should go first to other cops and then go to a lawyer, if that fails to work. I wish you the best of luck, and as a vindictive bitch... in my opinion, you should make sure he's prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

He's just looking out for other Peeping Toms