By Anonymous - 28/12/2015 23:26 - United States

Today, I found out that when my parents said they couldn't afford gifts for us kids, what they really meant was that they weren't buying a gift for me. I found this out when I overheard my father telling my uncle about the things he got my siblings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 459
You deserved it 1 341

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just remember this when their birthdays come around. FYL, OP. Merry Christmas.

Comments

I'm sorry Op, that's wrong of them to do its just not right , there's not much you can do other than call them out for an explanation

Maybe try talking about it with them,an explanation might help.

Is hard but the less you care, the less it hurts.

There are two options: 1. Your parents are outright evil; 2. You deserved not to get the present. Looks like 90% chance of 2 to me considering you're bitching about it. After all, nobody owes you any gifts, even your parents. Oh and by the way, I'm typing this in the nude while fireants are biting my crotch. Hmmm, lovely.

Interesting logic. So having parents play favorites and lie to your face is proof that you are a terrible person? And remember, if your husband cheats on you it's because you weren't good enough to them.

OP wasn't bitching about not getting a present. They were upset their parents were asses and said no one was getting anything when OP was the only one excluded. Besides you're bitching about someone elses bitching so...

gobiteme2 34

I don’t know how old OP is. Hope they aren’t thinking like Obama does and call everyone under 26 a child!

So apparently they couldn't buy less for your siblings to get you something? That's heartless. I'm sorry to hear that. FYL

Just remember this when it's their anniversary or birthdays.

This is why I learned to buy my own gifts and wrap them myself and write "From: Santa" on them. Makes me feel better. I know the holidays aren't just about presents, but it feels nice to feel like I'm getting something along with everybody else.

IAm123 24

I'm sorry but that's ******* hilarious.

ohmyrosie 14

Are you just the oldest, or a black sheep of the family? Even so your father and mother shouldn't treat their own flesh like that.