By Anonymous - 13/09/2011 05:53 - United Kingdom

Today, I found out that the engineers I work with believe that a woman with an engineering degree working in an engineering company is apparently equivalent to a "secretary for engineers." I am that woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 886
You deserved it 3 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leadman1989 15

Well they are smart, joking put some boot to ass and show them who's boss!!!

btstig 11

Outwork them to shut their bitching up.

Comments

My friend has that same problem, attack them with some sheet metal.. show them whos boss ;)

pichan_fml 11

It's all about girl power! Just ignore those bozos

Madiluvsyuh98 2

Dont you wish that just ONE time no one would click you deserved it?

After reading your comment i had the desire to click ydi

The totality of this person's douchebaggery has reached a level of OvER 9000! Sorry I had to get atleast one in my career.

ive always thought of that and ive seen many stories that make me wonder, who the **** would think he deserves it?!

I hate that kind of thinking, everyone thinks that where I'm from, even the women

No. 24, you said it. I work in a male dominated field. I am an experienced veteran and a nationally recognized authority in my area of expertise and yet people STILL act as though I am a stupid token the company was forced to hire to meet their gender quota. The most incredible part of this is that OTHER WOMEN act this way toward me.

Osito2011 9

Huh! So you saying they are not!

perdix 29

I wonder if they think that of all women engineers, or just you because you're not very good at it? They probably keep you around because you are the only female they'll ever have the courage to talk to.

catkat1988 17

Well, the only way to show them right from wrong is to outperform them. When you recieve a raise while they've spent their time goofing around, and they still have yet to see you perform at secretary's task, they may be forced to think otherwise. Good luck!

I think it's very sad that in this modern society, women still have to outperform men to show the world that we are suitable for manly jobs. We are equal, why do we have to prove we can work better than men (for the same or even a smaller payment) to be truely considered equal?

I'm all for womens rights but if I had to think of a few arguments on why I probably could think of what the average idiot might say. For example women didn't find america. Then people always could say. And if their mothers hadn't given birth to them?

Honestly, I don't understand a single bit of what you're trying to tell me. The reason why women didn't find America is not because it was our biological destiny to be unable to find it, but because we weren't allowed to sail a ship. You know, we needed to produce as many children as we could and take care of them...? Oh, and it might be a woman who gave birth to important male historical personalities, but without a man there wouldn't be conception on the first place. I still don't understand what you're trying to say...

lionskull 2

the way i c it ur being sexist towards men saying that she deserves it more than them and that they goof around.

I'm just saying a few things the average sexist idiot might say.