By hatemyjob - 15/12/2015 00:15 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, after working at the same place for 3 years, I found out that they are not only cutting my hours but now I have to take orders from some girl I trained because she was promoted over me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 495
You deserved it 2 687

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm being the devil's advocate here but it is possible that this girl is simply better than you now. Just because you trained her does not mean that she will always be less qualified than you.

whatarethisss 23

Not being rude, but try finding a different job. I know I wouldn't wanna work for someone I trained.

Comments

Unlucky OP.I know that's awful near the same thing happened me, maybe she just knew the boss or something around them lines because there is no was she could already be better at the job, hopefully you get the raise back again!

whatarethisss 23

Not being rude, but try finding a different job. I know I wouldn't wanna work for someone I trained.

leogachi 15

@2 If you have to say that you're not being rude you shouldn't post the comment. Your comment would have been fine without it, and with it it's just weird.

Asinger06 1

Are you one of those pansy asses who gets offended by everything and has to make sure it's noted you aren't being rude?

that honestly sucks. I've had some problems like that also where a girl I was training was getting paid way more than me!

You might need to start looking for a new job.

I'm being the devil's advocate here but it is possible that this girl is simply better than you now. Just because you trained her does not mean that she will always be less qualified than you.

That's what I was thinking. I was promoted over long term employees early in my career. Mostly due to them not really being passionate or flexible enough for management. Lovely supportive people I must say.

Good point, though sometimes being promoted means you simply 'click' better with maangement and it is partially just whom they like better, over hard work. But it really varies!

This could be the case but it's not always. I had a similar thing happen, I worked for a company for 3 years and 2 of the people I trained got promoted. I was a harder worker and did multiple jobs, the only reason they got promoted is cause they knew someone in the company and got a free ride while I got screwed over. I quit after that.

mds9986 24

Maybe OP is so good that they don't want to promote her and give the position to someone else.

I would tend to agree, having been promoted over long term employees as well, that it has to do with ability to perform more likely than not. All of the employees at my job were 5+ years into their positions when I became the supervisor. That isn't an easy position to be in.

Quendolin 24

You trained her pretty well! Congrats! That requires some skills!

Maybe if you glare at her hard enough, she'll burst into flames. Problem solved.

leogachi 15

@7 Your comment caught me off guard. I love it.

It doesn't matter how long you've worked in a place, if your doing a shitty job, you're doing a shitty job and she might just be better at it than you and more dedicated. This can all be fixed by you trying harder and showing the company that you'd be good in a higher position and worth having in more. And so what if you trained her? It makes no difference. Your complaining just because someone who's been there a shorter time than you got a promotion that they probably earned?! I really don't see what the big deal is and it sounds like your just being a bit of a piss baby mate.

Look for a new job...You might need to because of your hour cuts. Maybe you need to work on your skills in the field you are in.